[ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

Udo Schneider
All,

I finally packaged some stuff I developed to simplify wrapping
OpenFlashChart:

SWFObject is a JavaScript library which simplifies the cross-browser use
of Flash. This packages provides a Seaside wrapper for it and offers a
brush-like API for the user.

The package is on SqueakSource: http://www.squeaksource.com/SWFObject.html

An example can be found here:
http://udos.seasidehosting.st/seaside/examples/swfObject

CU,

Udo

Re: [ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

Udo Schneider
Udo Schneider schrieb:

> I finally packaged some stuff I developed to simplify wrapping
> OpenFlashChart:

For those of you want to see Seaside/OFC in action take a look here:
http://udos.seasidehosting.st/seaside/examples/ofc

The released version is really more some kind of alpha - I'm currently
tidying up alot of code. Stay tuned.

CU,

Udo

Re: Re: [ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

Lukas Renggli
Very impressive. Looks like you provide almost all functionality of
OpenFlashChart?

Cheers,
Lukas

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Udo Schneider schrieb:
>
>> I finally packaged some stuff I developed to simplify wrapping
>> OpenFlashChart:
>
> For those of you want to see Seaside/OFC in action take a look here:
> http://udos.seasidehosting.st/seaside/examples/ofc
>
> The released version is really more some kind of alpha - I'm currently
> tidying up alot of code. Stay tuned.
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli schrieb:
> Very impressive. Looks like you provide almost all functionality of
> OpenFlashChart?
Thanks you very much. Indeed one of my goals was to cover all the stuff.
As far as I'm aware of the current version does support all the
functionality. It's just that not all config options are shown and some
options might be nonfunctional - either because the chart type ignores
them or because this specific chart expects the information with another id.

However it might be that I missed a few things - this could be due to
the fact that the "official" (read documented) interface is in PHP. So I
had to take a look at the generated JSON (BTW: FireBug 1.4 has excellent
JSON Support for HTTP responses!!) to do some kind of
reverse-engineering to know how the Seaside result should look like. The
fact that the same property (i.e. the fill color of a value) is encoded
differently for different chart types doesn't help either.

Once the code is (kind of) clean I'll put a new package on SqueakSource.

Happy Charting!!

CU,

Udo

Re: Re: [ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

stephane ducasse
Thanks!

Stef

>> Very impressive. Looks like you provide almost all functionality of
>> OpenFlashChart?
> Thanks you very much. Indeed one of my goals was to cover all the
> stuff.
> As far as I'm aware of the current version does support all the
> functionality. It's just that not all config options are shown and
> some options might be nonfunctional - either because the chart type
> ignores them or because this specific chart expects the information
> with another id.
>
> However it might be that I missed a few things - this could be due
> to the fact that the "official" (read documented) interface is in
> PHP. So I had to take a look at the generated JSON (BTW: FireBug 1.4
> has excellent JSON Support for HTTP responses!!) to do some kind of
> reverse-engineering to know how the Seaside result should look like.
> The fact that the same property (i.e. the fill color of a value) is
> encoded differently for different chart types doesn't help either.
>
> Once the code is (kind of) clean I'll put a new package on
> SqueakSource.
>
> Happy Charting!!
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

RE: [ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

Sebastian Sastre-2
I love it man! Lets keep that great work alive!
Thanks for making it MIT
Best regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian Sastre schrieb:
> I love it man! Lets keep that great work alive!
Thanks. Always happy to contribute something back to the community I got
so much from...
I must admit that writing the SWFObject/OpenFlashChart wrapper took less
time than I already spent searching for something out-of-the-box ...
seems to be the spirit of OS :-)

> Thanks for making it MIT
Reasons above :-)

I'm a bit unsure now. SWFObject.js is licensed under MIT as well. So
IMHO it's no problem to include it in form of a WAFileLibrary directly.

However OpenFlashChart ist licensed under GNU LGPL - is it allowed to
include it in it's own WAFileLibrary or would id be better to provide
somekind of loadscript which downloads and installs it appropriatly -
thus keeping the wrapper itself "clean"?

Anybody?

CU,

Udo