7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] Sandcastles themes for Pharo 1.2

Patrick Barroca
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce here our UIThemes for Pharo 1.2
"Sandcastle Beach" adopts sand shades and "Sandcastle Pharoway" showcases our favorite lighthouse in blue shades.

Give them a try, repository is http://www.squeaksource.com/SandcastlesThemes.

Once the package is loaded, themes can be chosen in System/Settings menu and Appearance>Morphic section.

Regards,

--
Claire & Patrick Barroca

SandcastleBeach.png (76K) Download Attachment
SandcastlePharoway.png (76K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [ANN] Sandcastles themes for Pharo 1.2

laurent laffont

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

"Sandcastle Beach" adopts sand shades and "Sandcastle Pharoway" showcases our favorite lighthouse in blue shades.

Once the package is loaded, themes can be chosen in System/Settings menu and Appearance>Morphic section.

Cool !

I propose to use one of it for the coding-dojo tomorrow so you can have feedback.

Laurent.

Regards,

--
Claire & Patrick Barroca

Reply | Threaded
|

laurent laffont
In reply to this post by Patrick Barroca
I like the Beach one - really clean. Feedback:
- background colors of raws in settings browser don't really match
- a beach-colored background for the world would be nice -- indeed we can change it in settings
- I prefer the window title icons of the Pharo way one (especially the "Pharo" at top-right)

Evaluate UITheme exampleBasicControls: 
- there's rounded-corners border in the window with a padding, excepted on the top - strange
- rounded widgets in the right column have minor glitches.

I would love a theme with dark-gray background instead of white for code / list / workspace because my eyes suffer  (I work on dark Emacs almost all day - far better).... there's no setting for that.

Great job.

Laurent.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Regards,

--
Claire & Patrick Barroca

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Patrick Barroca
the log is neat I want it :)

Stef

On Mar 14, 2011, at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce here our UIThemes for Pharo 1.2
> "Sandcastle Beach" adopts sand shades and "Sandcastle Pharoway" showcases our favorite lighthouse in blue shades.
>
> Give them a try, repository is http://www.squeaksource.com/SandcastlesThemes.
>
> Once the package is loaded, themes can be chosen in System/Settings menu and Appearance>Morphic section.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Claire & Patrick Barroca
> <SandcastleBeach.png><SandcastlePharoway.png>

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by laurent laffont
BTW one of the goal of alain is too make sure that creating a new theme is (most of the time) just a matter of pushing the right
value to a theme.

Stef

On Mar 15, 2011, at 8:08 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> I like the Beach one - really clean. Feedback:
> - background colors of raws in settings browser don't really match
> - a beach-colored background for the world would be nice -- indeed we can change it in settings
> - I prefer the window title icons of the Pharo way one (especially the "Pharo" at top-right)
>
> Evaluate UITheme exampleBasicControls:
> - there's rounded-corners border in the window with a padding, excepted on the top - strange
> - rounded widgets in the right column have minor glitches.
>
> I would love a theme with dark-gray background instead of white for code / list / workspace because my eyes suffer  (I work on dark Emacs almost all day - far better).... there's no setting for that.
>
> Great job.
>
> Laurent.
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce here our UIThemes for Pharo 1.2
> "Sandcastle Beach" adopts sand shades and "Sandcastle Pharoway" showcases our favorite lighthouse in blue shades.
>
> Give them a try, repository is http://www.squeaksource.com/SandcastlesThemes.
>
> Once the package is loaded, themes can be chosen in System/Settings menu and Appearance>Morphic section.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Claire & Patrick Barroca
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Schwab,Wilhelm K
In reply to this post by laurent laffont
Dark gray??  If you insist :)  The point is that there should be a simple way to change the text editor background color, because you are very correct about eye strain, and somebody might want to change it for fun.  Ledger green is my preference.

Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:08 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Sandcastles themes for Pharo 1.2

- a beach-colored background for the world would be nice -- indeed we can change it in settings
- I prefer the window title icons of the Pharo way one (especially the "Pharo" at top-right)

- there's rounded-corners border in the window with a padding, excepted on the top - strange

I would love a theme with dark-gray background instead of white for code / list / workspace because my eyes suffer  (I work on dark Emacs almost all day - far better).... there's no setting for that.

Great job.

Laurent.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi all,

Regards,

--
Claire & Patrick Barroca

Reply | Threaded
|

Guillermo Polito
Why not adopt a theme for 1.3?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dark gray??  If you insist :)  The point is that there should be a simple way to change the text editor background color, because you are very correct about eye strain, and somebody might want to change it for fun.  Ledger green is my preference.

Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:08 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Sandcastles themes for Pharo 1.2

Great job.

Laurent.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Patrick Barroca <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi all,

Regards,

--
Claire & Patrick Barroca