[ANN] SciSmalltalk v0.14

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

we are to happy to announce SciSmalltalk v0.14

SciSmalltalk is a new Smalltalk project, similar to existing
scientific libraries like NumPy, SciPy for Python or SciRuby for Ruby.
SciSmalltalk already provide the following basic functionalities:

- complex and quaternions extensions,
- random number generators,
- fuzzy algorithms,
- Didier Besset's numerical methods,
- Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE) Solver.

Version 0.14 includes new work from Werner Kassens about function fittings:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
and math accuracy framework:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-AccuracyFramework

SciSmalltalk project web page is here:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk
All the code is available under the MIT licence.

We have more than 506 green unit tests and we run a CI job here:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SciSmalltalk/

This version should work on Pharo 3.0/4.0 and also Squeak 4.5 (to
be confirmed).

We are a small community, we are looking for more volunteers to
contribute code and documentation. Please join us at :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scismalltalk

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Fwd: [Moose-dev] Re: [ANN] SciSmalltalk v0.14

SergeStinckwich
Will you consider on some point probability tests?
This is important to verify hypothesis...

Cheers,
Alexandre

> Le 17-09-2014 à 5:41, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> we are to happy to announce SciSmalltalk v0.14
>
> SciSmalltalk is a new Smalltalk project, similar to existing
> scientific libraries like NumPy, SciPy for Python or SciRuby for Ruby.
> SciSmalltalk already provide the following basic functionalities:
>
> - complex and quaternions extensions,
> - random number generators,
> - fuzzy algorithms,
> - Didier Besset's numerical methods,
> - Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE) Solver.
>
> Version 0.14 includes new work from Werner Kassens about function fittings:
> https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
> and math accuracy framework:
> https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-AccuracyFramework
>
> SciSmalltalk project web page is here:
> https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk
> All the code is available under the MIT licence.
>
> We have more than 506 green unit tests and we run a CI job here:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SciSmalltalk/
>
> This version should work on Pharo 3.0/4.0 and also Squeak 4.5 (to
> be confirmed).
>
> We are a small community, we are looking for more volunteers to
> contribute code and documentation. Please join us at :
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scismalltalk
>
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Moose-dev] Re: [ANN] SciSmalltalk v0.14

werner kassens-2
Hi,
if i read 'tests' in a pharo context i always think 'test' as in 'TestCase', but regarding statistical tests t-test, f-test and chisquare-test are implemented in dhb.
werner

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:14 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> if i read 'tests' in a pharo context i always think 'test' as in 'TestCase',
> but regarding statistical tests t-test, f-test and chisquare-test are
> implemented in dhb.

Yes we were talking about statistic tests.
You are right, I found Random>>chiSquare:repeating:

and T-Test and F-Test in DhbNumericalMethodsTestCase

Too much stuff in SciSmalltalk and no documentation :-(
Thank you Werner !

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Moose-dev] Re: [ANN] SciSmalltalk v0.14

werner kassens-2
just a short remark completely unrelated to the original question:  in the random package there is a test that occasionally fails because it uses a probabilistic test. in the functionfit tests there are also 2 tests like this. i named them testBlablaProbabilistic to signal that it is not necessarily a problem if it fails. perhaps it would be reasonable to generally do something like that.
werner