[ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

12

Re: [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

stephane ducasse
we will integrate them in 1.4 soon.

Stef

On Apr 4, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> So should the configuration for Pharo 1.3 and 1.4 be moved forward to the latest versions for all Zinc packages on Squeaksource?
>
> If not, which versions of which packages comprise the stable version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> On 12-04-04 06:40 AM, Nick Ager wrote:
>>
>>    I am a real noob with MetacelloConfigurations (I know, I have to
>>    learn, but I have no time for that now).
>>    Paul DeBruicker and François Stephany helped maintain it.
>>    I would do more harm than good I am afraid.
>>

>> Nicely delegated :). Can Paul/François or someone else let the list know
>> when ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents is updated so we can update the
>> Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer releases
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick

Re: [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

John McKeon
Installing with the Metacello Configuration on a stock Squeak 4.2 image gave me complaints about Announcements, Dynamic Variables and MIMEType not being installed. It appears these are all Zinc related. Is it possible to modify the Zinc configuration to load these in Squeak?

Alternatively, is there a way to specify which web server to install? I tried modifying the Seaside configuration to load WebClient for #squeak but my Metacello fu is lacking.

I was able to update the ConfigurationOfWebClient to load the latest code.

All the best,
John

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 4 April 2012 16:45, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
So should the configuration for Pharo 1.3 and 1.4 be moved forward to the latest versions for all Zinc packages on Squeaksource?

Thats my understanding, unless Sven's bug entry contradicts that: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5579

Re: [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

Nick
Hi John,

Installing with the Metacello Configuration on a stock Squeak 4.2 image gave me complaints about Announcements, Dynamic Variables and MIMEType not being installed. It appears these are all Zinc related. Is it possible to modify the Zinc configuration to load these in Squeak?

I could modify the configuration to only load Zinc on Pharo. What should I default to for Squeak?

Cheers

Nick

Re: [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

John McKeon

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi John,

Installing with the Metacello Configuration on a stock Squeak 4.2 image gave me complaints about Announcements, Dynamic Variables and MIMEType not being installed. It appears these are all Zinc related. Is it possible to modify the Zinc configuration to load these in Squeak?

I could modify the configuration to only load Zinc on Pharo. What should I default to for Squeak?

That would be cool.
ConfigurationOfWebClient is a suitable default for Squeak. In case the package name has confused you, WebClient includes a WebServer class and WebClient-Seaside adds the necessary server adaptor and OB interface.

Cheers

Nick

Re: [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Yeah, I need to start and stop things programatically. It's working again now.

I'm starting it with:

ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: self port.
ZnZincServerAdaptor default
serverClass: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer;
codec: (GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf8');
start.

This was my first attempt:
ZnZincServerAdaptor default
port: self port;
but it wasn't working because default was answering nil.

Something I've found curious… it's not causing any problems but for some reason when I stop it with:
ZnZincServerAdaptor stop.

everything continues to be served

On Apr 4, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

That is why there are easy and hard ways to do the same ;-)

Seaside adaptors, the way they are managed and their interactions with an HTTP server are a bit hard to understand, so easily broken.

As for pointers: ZnServers work by using a delegate to handle requests. If you see the welcome page, that means that the server that you are talking to has a ZnDefaultServerDelegate instance as delegate. Normally, there should be a ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate instance there (see ZnZincServerAdaptor>>#basicStart).

But you have to understand the interaction between WAServerAdaptor and WAServerManager too: the manager is in control.

HTH,

Sven

12