Quantcast

[ANN] Seaside Book - "An Introduction to Seaside"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[ANN] Seaside Book - "An Introduction to Seaside"

Michael Perscheid
Dear all,

We would like to announce that we have published the Seaside book "An
Introduction to Seaside" today. Mainly the book consists of an improved
version of our online tutorial.

Book description
"This book explains the major concepts of Seaside in a clear and
intuitive style. A working example of a ToDo List application is
developed to illustrate the framework's important concepts that build
upon each other in an orderly progression. Besides the notions of users,
tasks, components, forms and deployment, additional topics such as
persistence, Ajax and Magritte are also discussed."

For more information look at Lulu:  http://www.lulu.com/content/2234565
or at our online tutorial:
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/seaside/tutorial

Furthermore we have improved the online Seaside tutorial with an
overworked version of all chapters (especially chapter 6) and a new
chapter about the internal details of the web framework called "The fine
print".

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions for improvement!

Michael Perscheid
on behalf of the HPI Software Architecture Group
_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] Seaside Book - "An Introduction to Seaside"

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
Michael Perscheid wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We would like to announce that we have published the Seaside book "An
> Introduction to Seaside" today. Mainly the book consists of an improved
> version of our online tutorial.
>

Does this means that the book version and the web version have no longer
  the same content?

What will be the policy regarding subsequent versions? There would be 2
versions of the tutorial?

> Book description
> "This book explains the major concepts of Seaside in a clear and
> intuitive style. A working example of a ToDo List application is
> developed to illustrate the framework's important concepts that build
> upon each other in an orderly progression. Besides the notions of users,
> tasks, components, forms and deployment, additional topics such as
> persistence, Ajax and Magritte are also discussed."
>
> For more information look at Lulu:  http://www.lulu.com/content/2234565
> or at our online tutorial:
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/seaside/tutorial
>
> Furthermore we have improved the online Seaside tutorial with an
> overworked version of all chapters (especially chapter 6) and a new
> chapter about the internal details of the web framework called "The fine
> print".
>
> Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions for improvement!
>
> Michael Perscheid
> on behalf of the HPI Software Architecture Group
> _______________________________________________
> Beginners mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
>

_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] Seaside Book - "An Introduction to Seaside"

Michael Haupt-3
Miguel,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Does this means that the book version and the web version have no longer
> the same content?

the online tutorial was updated to match the book contents.

Best,

Michael
_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] Seaside Book - "An Introduction to Seaside"

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
Great, thank you. I started reading it yesterday and I noticed the change in contents.

Miguel Cobá

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Michael Haupt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Miguel,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Does this means that the book version and the web version have no longer
> the same content?

the online tutorial was updated to match the book contents.

Best,

Michael
_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners


_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
Loading...