[ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Michael Perscheid
Hi all,

I would like to announce that we have updated the Seaside tutorial of the Software Architecture Group (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial). Now it can be applied with the current Seaside 3.0 version without any problems. Besides a revision of all chapters, we have especially changed the persistence chapter and added new sections about SandstoneDB, PostgreSQL, and GemStone.

Most of the update was done by Lauritz Thamsen and Tobias Pape.
Thank you very much.

If you have any feedback, please let us know.

Best regards,
Michael Perscheid

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

laurent laffont
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Michael Perscheid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to announce that we have updated the Seaside tutorial of the Software Architecture Group (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial). Now it can be applied with the current Seaside 3.0 version without any problems. Besides a revision of all chapters, we have especially changed the persistence chapter and added new sections about SandstoneDB, PostgreSQL, and GemStone.

Most of the update was done by Lauritz Thamsen and Tobias Pape.
Thank you very much.

If you have any feedback, please let us know.

argggg I've ordered the 2008 edition from lulu.com 2 days ago :(

Anyway, thank you !

Laurent

Best regards,
Michael Perscheid

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Mariano Martinez Peck
This was the first tutorial I read and it was really nice. Thanks a lot for this.

Mariano

I would like to announce that we have updated the Seaside tutorial of the Software Architecture Group (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial). Now it can be applied with the current Seaside 3.0 version without any problems. Besides a revision of all chapters, we have especially changed the persistence chapter and added new sections about SandstoneDB, PostgreSQL, and GemStone.

Most of the update was done by Lauritz Thamsen and Tobias Pape.
Thank you very much.

If you have any feedback, please let us know.

Best regards,
Michael Perscheid

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

AA-2
This was the first detailed tutorial that made me comfortable working with Seaside (I bought the hardcopy from Lulu).  And it's an excellent complement to the official Seaside book.  Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Amir

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:21:50 +0200
Michael Perscheid <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to announce that we have updated the Seaside tutorial of the Software Architecture Group (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial). Now it can be applied with the current Seaside 3.0 version without any problems. Besides a revision of all chapters, we have especially changed the persistence chapter and added new sections about SandstoneDB, PostgreSQL, and GemStone.
>
> Most of the update was done by Lauritz Thamsen and Tobias Pape.
> Thank you very much.
>
> If you have any feedback, please let us know.

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Scott Gibson
Thanks!  This was the first book I read and used for learning Seaside.  In addition to the the help with learning Seaside a couple of the chapters that I found particularly useful was on Persistence and Magritte.  Before that I was cobbling together things I picked up here and there and the book helped me with these very much.

Thanks,
Scott Gibson

On Apr 12, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Michael Perscheid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to announce that we have updated the Seaside tutorial of the Software Architecture Group (http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial). Now it can be applied with the current Seaside 3.0 version without any problems. Besides a revision of all chapters, we have especially changed the persistence chapter and added new sections about SandstoneDB, PostgreSQL, and GemStone.
>
> Most of the update was done by Lauritz Thamsen and Tobias Pape.
> Thank you very much.
>
> If you have any feedback, please let us know.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael Perscheid

Scott Gibson

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Intrader Intrader
The link opens a page that states that the book is based on 2.8.

Thanks

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Tobias Pape
Hi Fritz
Am 2011-04-20 um 05:54 schrieb Fritz Schenk:

> The link opens a page that states that the book is based on 2.8.

Yes, while the online tutorial is based on 3.0,
 the printed book that can be brought from Lulu or
Amazon is still based on 2.8. We are working on that.

So Long,
        -Tobias

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

garduino
+1

2011/4/12 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> This was the first tutorial I read and it was really nice. Thanks a lot for
> this.
>
> Mariano

Jon Paynter-2
Very good tutorial.

I ran through it this weekend to help me migrate from 2.6 to 3.0, and it worked well.
couple comments:
   - I tried to load the monticello code (version 1) and run it.  I ran into an error about an undeclared variable 'MATask'  ... not sure if that was fixed between Sunday and today.
   - After sitting on a page for a while, the seaside session would expire, and so when I hit the 'next' link at the bottom it would go back to the starting page.   Again, this happened over the weekend, so hopefully you fixed it.  If not, see what can be done.

Good docs are hard to come by nowdays - keep up the good work.

Am 2011-04-20 um 19:15 schrieb Jon Paynter:

> Very good tutorial.
>
> I ran through it this weekend to help me migrate from 2.6 to 3.0, and it worked well.
> couple comments:
>    - I tried to load the monticello code (version 1) and run it.  I ran into an error about an undeclared variable 'MATask'  ... not sure if that was fixed between Sunday and today.
>    - After sitting on a page for a while, the seaside session would expire, and so when I hit the 'next' link at the bottom it would go back to the starting page.   Again, this happened over the weekend, so hopefully you fixed it.  If not, see what can be done.
>
> Good docs are hard to come by nowdays - keep up the good work.

I recently set the timeout to an hour or so, I hope
this is enough :)

For the code error, can you pleas tell me,  which file you loaded?

So Long,
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Jon Paynter-2
I'll re-try again tonite when i get home and let you know if the problem is still there.
I dont remember seeing 2 monticello downloads over the weekend... so chances are you fixed it.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 2011-04-20 um 19:15 schrieb Jon Paynter:

> Very good tutorial.
>
> I ran through it this weekend to help me migrate from 2.6 to 3.0, and it worked well.
> couple comments:
>    - I tried to load the monticello code (version 1) and run it.  I ran into an error about an undeclared variable 'MATask'  ... not sure if that was fixed between Sunday and today.
>    - After sitting on a page for a while, the seaside session would expire, and so when I hit the 'next' link at the bottom it would go back to the starting page.   Again, this happened over the weekend, so hopefully you fixed it.  If not, see what can be done.
>
> Good docs are hard to come by nowdays - keep up the good work.

I recently set the timeout to an hour or so, I hope
this is enough :)

For the code error, can you pleas tell me,  which file you loaded?

So Long,

Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial Ready for 3.0

Jon Paynter-2
The download works like a charm now, no errors.