[ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

Philippe Marschall
Hi

The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
support.

Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
SqueakSource [1]

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

stephane ducasse
philippe

is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our book?
Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?

Stef

On 19 oct. 07, at 13:46, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
> available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
> support.
>
> Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
> SqueakSource [1]
>
> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

Philippe Marschall
See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.

Cheers
Philippe

2007/10/22, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> philippe
>
> is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
> I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our book?
> Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?
>
> Stef
>
> On 19 oct. 07, at 13:46, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
> > available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
> > support.
> >
> > Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
> > SqueakSource [1]
> >
> > [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe

Communication - (was [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta)

Victor-67
Phillippe,

 > I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
 > reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.

I understand your frustration, but communication is more complex than
what we are lead to think.  Documentation is only one of the channels
people use to communicate.  In this context, "nobody" is an important
word in your sentence above, and a dangerous one.  A certain amount of
people will read the documentation and find their answers, or at least
ask better questions.

User documentation is important.  As more people write good class
comments, more people will get used to read them, and that's a good trend.

Victor

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe
>

> 2007/10/22, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> philippe
>>
>> is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
>> I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our book?
>> Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 19 oct. 07, at 13:46, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
>>> available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
>>> SqueakSource [1]
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

Colin Putney

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:57 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.

You're missing the point of documentation in an open source project.
People will ask questions no matter what you do. If there is no
documentation, you have to write out a lengthy reply with the answer.
If you do have documentation, your reply can be four letters and
maybe a url.

Colin

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

Roger Whitney
Philippe,
        It can be frustrating when people seem not to notice documentation.
Since Seaside had little internal documentation for a long time
people are not used to looking for it. Seaside needs more
documentation. It will take sometime. As we get more documentation
people will slowly notice it. Also Stephane's book will be a benefit
for Seaside. It will be a useful source of documentation for people.
Hope you don't get discouraged. You are doing a lot of work for
Seaside. I appreciate what you are doing for the community.

On Oct 22, 2007, at 5:57 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

----
Roger Whitney              Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720

RE: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

Sebastian Sastre-2
It's not, someones read. I read. Documentation is valuable. Your work is
valuable. To be use to find comments or not makes part of the Seaside
experience. So it's true that we think that by default Seaside will not have
a comment. But it's aslo true that time over a work like the one you are
making will sowly revert this trend.

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Come on philippe.
I'm in train reading emails but without connection :)
I will read the comments but right now I work the day and fix my
house the night...
so quite running.
Stef

On 22 oct. 07, at 11:57, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe
>

> 2007/10/22, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> philippe
>>
>> is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
>> I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our
>> book?
>> Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 19 oct. 07, at 13:46, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
>>> available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
>>> SqueakSource [1]
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

stephane ducasse
philippe

is it the doc you mean?

"Swazoo (Smalltalk Web Application Zoo) is an open source, vendor
agnostic, dialect neutral Smalltalk web server with resource and web
request resolution framework.

Category: Network
Depends on:
        Sport

Maintained by: mivsek
Downloads from: http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/Swazoo-2.0.mcz
Homepage: http://www.swazoo.org/"

I guess not so where can I find it?

Stef

On 24 oct. 07, at 19:10, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Come on philippe.
> I'm in train reading emails but without connection :)
> I will read the comments but right now I work the day and fix my
> house the night...
> so quite running.
> Stef
>
> On 22 oct. 07, at 11:57, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
>> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
>> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>>

>> 2007/10/22, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>> philippe
>>>
>>> is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
>>> I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our
>>> book?
>>> Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta

stephane ducasse
And SeasideForSwazoo crashed on my when I wanted to donwload it from
the universe.