Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group

Casey Ransberger-2
A while back I asked if anyone on the squeak-dev list was in the greater Seattle area and wanted to meet up. I did get a few responses. Thanks to those who wrote back, and I apologize for the delay. I'm starting this up in part to create a venue here where Smalltalk isn't automatically out as off-topic. The idea is that it's about Smalltalk and anything remotely related to Smalltalk. In fact I'd really like this to be open to everyone who can be respectful to other people. The rest is just a bunch of implementation detail!

So if you're in the neighborhood, and you think you might like to meet up with some like minded people on a regular basis, do pop over and add yourself to the list. I figure I'll work out a schedule if and when I have signups, but in general it will probably be early evenings on Wednesdays, maybe once a month to begin with.

The site is here:

If anyone here is on the vwnc list and would like to pass my message along there, or anywhere else it might reach Smalltalkers in the Seattle area, I'd be much obliged!

--
Casey Ransberger
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group

Mariano Martinez Peck
Excellent idea. I cc'ed vw.

BTW... I am imaging how the logo could look like...something betweenKurt Cobain and the Smalltalk baloon heheheh.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
A while back I asked if anyone on the squeak-dev list was in the greater Seattle area and wanted to meet up. I did get a few responses. Thanks to those who wrote back, and I apologize for the delay. I'm starting this up in part to create a venue here where Smalltalk isn't automatically out as off-topic. The idea is that it's about Smalltalk and anything remotely related to Smalltalk. In fact I'd really like this to be open to everyone who can be respectful to other people. The rest is just a bunch of implementation detail!

So if you're in the neighborhood, and you think you might like to meet up with some like minded people on a regular basis, do pop over and add yourself to the list. I figure I'll work out a schedule if and when I have signups, but in general it will probably be early evenings on Wednesdays, maybe once a month to begin with.

The site is here:

If anyone here is on the vwnc list and would like to pass my message along there, or anywhere else it might reach Smalltalkers in the Seattle area, I'd be much obliged!

--
Casey Ransberger

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Seattle Smalltalk Users Group

Casey Ransberger-2
LOL yeah and the roads here just go every which way... it's as if they gave a guy two bottles of scotch, and wherever he walked with them, they built a road. Seriously, though, if you think about it: Smalltalk has a culture that was founded by musicians. One thing I'd really like to see is a room full of people face to face figuring out new and interesting ways to make music with Squeak or Scratch. I would encourage people to bring their instruments:)

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent idea. I cc'ed vw.

BTW... I am imaging how the logo could look like...something betweenKurt Cobain and the Smalltalk baloon heheheh.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

The site is here:

--
Casey Ransberger

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Casey Ransberger