[ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

[ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Milan Mimica
Hello Pharoers

I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco

Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).

Software Engineer - Parseco

                    http://arctic15.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/parseco.jpg

Office

Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula

Fax

+385 (0)52 210 979

Skype

mmimicaib

E-mail

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Very good, Milan.

It must be a great product if it has a Pharo Smalltalk library for it ;-)

I can't find any pricing information on www.parseco.com though.

Sven

On 23 Oct 2012, at 08:11, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Pharoers
>
> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
>
> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
>

> --
> Milan Mimica
>
> Software Engineer - Parseco
>

> <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
>

> Office
>
> Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula
>
> Fax
>
> +385 (0)52 210 979
>
> Skype
>
> mmimicaib
>
> E-mail

Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Camillo Bruni-3
http://www.parseco.com/parseco/pricing-and-coverage/

On 23 Oct 2012, at 11:11, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.parseco.com/parseco/pricing-and-coverage/

OK, Thanks ;-)

Quite competitive.

> On 2012-10-23, at 11:01, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Very good, Milan.
>>
>> It must be a great product if it has a Pharo Smalltalk library for it ;-)
>>
>> I can't find any pricing information on www.parseco.com though.
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> On 23 Oct 2012, at 08:11, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Pharoers
>>>
>>> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
>>>
>>> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
>>>

>>> --
>>> Milan Mimica

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

fstephany
Cool! Thanks Milan!

Do you have a feedback on Parseco vs Twilio (http://twilio.com)?

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225
BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Paul DeBruicker
There is also the Tropo library on squeaksource. It works on Pharo and Gemstone.  Can send and receive SMS and build phone trees so people can call your image.

Http://www.tropo.com

On Oct 23, 2012, at 3:19 AM, Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool! Thanks Milan!
>
> Do you have a feedback on Parseco vs Twilio (http://twilio.com)?
>

> On 23/10/12 11:25, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>
>> On 23 Oct 2012, at 11:11, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.parseco.com/parseco/pricing-and-coverage/
>>
>> OK, Thanks ;-)
>>
>> Quite competitive.

> --
> http://tulipemoutarde.be
> CA: +1 778 558 3225
> BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

fstephany
It's amazing how many little unknown gems there are on Squeaksource.

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225
BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

oscar
+1. It will be great to have a list of available gems. So we can easily search, find and reuse them and not reinvent the wheel.

Cheers.

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:48 , Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's amazing how many little unknown gems there are on Squeaksource.
>
> On 23/10/12 16:18, Paul DeBruicker wrote:
>> There is also the Tropo library on squeaksource. It works on Pharo and Gemstone.  Can send and receive SMS and build phone trees so people can call your image.
>>

>> Http://www.tropo.com
>>

>> On Oct 23, 2012, at 3:19 AM, Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Cool! Thanks Milan!
>>>
>>> Do you have a feedback on Parseco vs Twilio (http://twilio.com)?

>>> --
>>> http://tulipemoutarde.be
>>> CA: +1 778 558 3225
>>> BE: +32 65 709 131
>>>

> --
> http://tulipemoutarde.be
> CA: +1 778 558 3225
> BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Excellent
we should add a success story :)
could you provide a little description so that we advertise it on the pharo blog?

Stef

On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:11 AM, Milan Mimica wrote:

> Hello Pharoers
>
> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
>
> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
>

> --
> Milan Mimica
>
> Software Engineer - Parseco
>

> <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
>

> Office
>
> Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula
>
> Fax
>
> +385 (0)52 210 979
>
> Skype
>
> mmimicaib
>
> E-mail

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Now on the parsec website I could not find any smalltalk code or reference :)

Stef

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Very good, Milan.
>
> It must be a great product if it has a Pharo Smalltalk library for it ;-)
>
> I can't find any pricing information on www.parseco.com though.
>
> Sven
>
> On 23 Oct 2012, at 08:11, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Pharoers
>>
>> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
>>
>> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
>>

>> --
>> Milan Mimica
>>
>> Software Engineer - Parseco
>>

>> <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
>>

>> Office
>>
>> Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula
>>
>> Fax
>>
>> +385 (0)52 210 979
>>
>> Skype
>>
>> mmimicaib
>>
>> E-mail
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Guillermo Polito

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now on the parsec website I could not find any smalltalk code or reference :)

Stef

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Very good, Milan.
>
> It must be a great product if it has a Pharo Smalltalk library for it ;-)
>
> I can't find any pricing information on www.parseco.com though.
>
> Sven
>
> On 23 Oct 2012, at 08:11, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Pharoers
>>
>> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
>>
>> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
>>

>> --
>> Milan Mimica
>>
>> Software Engineer - Parseco
>>

>> <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
>>

>> Office
>>
>> Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula
>>
>> Fax

>> Skype
>>
>> mmimicaib
>>
>> E-mail
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes but I would prefer to see it on the company web site :)

On Oct 24, 2012, at 8:57 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now on the parsec website I could not find any smalltalk code or reference :)
>
> From Milan's mail: https://github.com/parseco/oneapi-pharo-smalltalk
>

> Stef
>
> On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
> > Very good, Milan.
> >
> > It must be a great product if it has a Pharo Smalltalk library for it ;-)
> >
> > I can't find any pricing information on www.parseco.com though.
> >
> > Sven
> >
> > On 23 Oct 2012, at 08:11, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Pharoers
> >>
> >> I'm happy to announce library which is a synergy of my professional and private efforts to give something back to the Pharo community. Parseco is a service which allows your application to send and receive SMS. It provides a handful set of libraries for various platforms, among others, for Pharo smalltalk. Check them out at: https://github.com/parseco
> >>
> >> Pharo library relies on NeoJSON and Zinc HTTP client (thanks Sven!).
> >>

> >> --
> >> Milan Mimica
> >>
> >> Software Engineer - Parseco
> >>

> >> <Mail Attachment.jpeg>
> >>

> >> Office
> >>
> >> Mletacka 12/III, HR-52100 Pula
> >>
> >> Fax
> >>
> >> +385 (0)52 210 979
> >>
> >> Skype
> >>
> >> mmimicaib
> >>
> >> E-mail
> >>
> >> [hidden email]
> >>

> > --
> > Sven Van Caekenberghe
> > http://stfx.eu
> > Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [ANN] Send and receive SMS from your Pharo image

fstephany
But Parseco is not developed in Smalltalk, is it ?

 From what I understand they simply provide a smalltalk library to
interact with the service...

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be