[ANN] SmallHarbour ALPHA release

laurent laffont
Hi,

We are pleased to announce the first version of SmallHarbour.

SmallHarbour is a public fork of SeasideHosting, running on top of Pharo, Seaside and Cog  - driven by Romain Verduci and Laurent Laffont for  ESUG SummerTalk 2011.

The main goals are:
- people should be able to (easily) setup their own web application deployment platform
- provide a public service for hosting web applications.
- be able to setup a web application without Smalltalk knowledge in one click.

Actually SmallHarbour support Pharo and Seaside, but we expect to support Iliad and AidaWeb framework soon.

When an account is created, you can go in Home and click on "Create blog" to deploy a Pier image. More templates to come.

The alpha public server is at: http://www.alpha.smallharbour.org. Feel free to upload images. BE CAREFUL: that may be deleted / lost without warning. Do not put sensible informations.

To setup your own SmallHarbour,

Feedback is welcome. We still need to find bugs, fix them and learn.

Romain will present SmallHarbour at ESUG.

Thanks ESUG, Adrian and Netstyle for sharing code, Mariano for help, Claire and Patrick who are working on visual identity.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANN] SmallHarbour ALPHA release

Mariano Martinez Peck
Excllent!! This sounds awesome. Continue with your effort :)

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [ANN] SmallHarbour ALPHA release

stephane ducasse-2
excellent!
This is great to see this happening.
I hope that people will be able to have their own business around seaside apps based on your work.

Stef