ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

David Gorisek
Hello all,

I have released version 2.01 of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin
Smalltalk. This is a multi-user source code configuration management system
that extends the development environment with project/package/class and
method versioning and change tracking functionality. Using object oriented
database OmniBase it lets multiple developers share the same code repository
to exchange and merge their code.

Version 2.01 is a patch release for version 2.0 with the following bug fixes
and optimizations:
- 30% faster loading of packages
- fixed a bug that caused a walkback when deploying applications

Apart from being ported to Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 version 2.0 also introduced
projects into the development environment. A project can have many editions
each of which groups multiple package editions together. Users familliar
with other Smalltalk CM products will notice great similarities between STS
projects, ENVY configuration maps and Store bundles.

More information about STS can be found on the following web site:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Software/8887/sts.html

Best regards,

David Gorisek

Re: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

Peter van Rooijen
David,

Looks great, especially with the project concept added :-).

Now what can we do to get everyone to use this?

Regards,

Peter van Rooijen

"David Gorisek" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hello all,
>
> I have released version 2.01 of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin
> Smalltalk. This is a multi-user source code configuration management
system
> that extends the development environment with project/package/class and
> method versioning and change tracking functionality. Using object oriented
> database OmniBase it lets multiple developers share the same code
repository
> to exchange and merge their code.
>
> Version 2.01 is a patch release for version 2.0 with the following bug
fixes
> and optimizations:
> - 30% faster loading of packages
> - fixed a bug that caused a walkback when deploying applications
>
> Apart from being ported to Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 version 2.0 also
introduced
> projects into the development environment. A project can have many
editions
> each of which groups multiple package editions together. Users familliar
> with other Smalltalk CM products will notice great similarities between
STS

> projects, ENVY configuration maps and Store bundles.
>
> More information about STS can be found on the following web site:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Software/8887/sts.html
>

> Best regards,
>
> David Gorisek

Re: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

David Gorisek-2
Peter,

I don't know, maybe ObjectArts would include it in a let's say an enterprise
version of the product?

BTW glad you like it even though there are no open editions yet as in ENVY
;-)

Best regards,

David

Peter van Rooijen <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:91n3no$fms$[hidden email]...

> David,
>
> Looks great, especially with the project concept added :-).
>
> Now what can we do to get everyone to use this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter van Rooijen

Re: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

Peter van Rooijen
"David Gorisek" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Peter,
>
> I don't know, maybe ObjectArts would include it in a let's say an
enterprise
> version of the product?
>
> BTW glad you like it even though there are no open editions yet as in ENVY
> ;-)

Which you will no doubt provide in 2.02 ;-).

Peter