[ANN] Sport + Swazoo 1.1.4 + Seaside 2.6 for Dolphin X6

[ANN] Sport + Swazoo 1.1.4 + Seaside 2.6 for Dolphin X6

Esteban A. Maringolo

I've completed a port of Swazoo 1.1.4 and Sport for Dolphin Smalltalk.
Also I've adapted the 2.6 port of Avi Bryant for Dolphin Smalltalk to
work with this Swazoo version.

You can download the three S's from:
<http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net/>

Sport provides a consistent interface to things which are implemented
differently in most Smalltalk dialects. Sport provides wrappers for
Exceptions, Times & Dates, Files, Sockets and more.

So far, Sport is implemented in VisualWorks, Gemstone, Squeak, Visual
Age for Smalltalk and Dolphin Smalltalk X6.
Website: http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Sport

To install Sport use STS Project edition or load the .pac's in this order:
   * VW Filenames.pac
   * MD5.pac
   * Sport
   * Sport tests

For those who doesn't know, Swazoo is an open source HTTP Server and web
application framework entirely written in Smalltalk <http://www.swazoo.org>.

This version of Swazoo is based on the Sport compatibility layer, and is
ported directly from the main code stream on the Cincom VW Public
Repository.

You must load Swazoo from the STS Project edition or loading the .pac's
in this order:
   * Swazoo-Compatibility.pac
   * Swazoo-Headers.pac
   * Swazoo-Server.pac
   * Swazoo-Resources.pac
   * Swazoo-Examples.pac
   * Swazoo-Tests.pac

The Seaside version is an adaptation from Avi Bryant's initial port,
it's very beta, but you can play with it (most of its functionality is
ok), to install Seaside load the STS Project edition or load the .pac's
in this order:
   * IDB Duration.pac
   * IDB DateAndTime.pac
   * Seaside-Dolphin.pac
   * Seaside.pac
   * Seaside-Swazoo.pac

I'll try to continue the stalled port of Avi Bryant merging it with my
earlier port, check <http://dolphinseaside.blogspot.com> for more news.

Check the packages comments to get instructions on how to add a
SeasideSwazooResource or how to setup a Swazoo Site.

Regards,

- --
Esteban.

Re: [ANN] Sport + Swazoo 1.1.4 + Seaside 2.6 for Dolphin X6

tgkuo
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:58:54 -0300, "Esteban A. Maringolo"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I've completed a port of Swazoo 1.1.4 and Sport for Dolphin Smalltalk.
>Also I've adapted the 2.6 port of Avi Bryant for Dolphin Smalltalk to
>work with this Swazoo version.

Thanks for the packages.
However, the class ServerSocket2 could not be found in my image ( D6,
patch level 2 ) causing error messages showed up in the Transcript
while installing the Sport, The server could not be run.

Where is it? do I miss something, such as prior versions of Swazoo as
a priori, or some Dolphin Socket patches that had been posted ?

thanks.

tgguo

tgkuo escribió:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:58:54 -0300, "Esteban A. Maringolo"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've completed a port of Swazoo 1.1.4 and Sport for Dolphin Smalltalk.
>> Also I've adapted the 2.6 port of Avi Bryant for Dolphin Smalltalk to
>> work with this Swazoo version.
>
> Thanks for the packages.
> However, the class ServerSocket2 could not be found in my image ( D6,
> patch level 2 ) causing error messages showed up in the Transcript
> while installing the Sport, The server could not be run.

That's odd, try with a vanilla image.

> Where is it? do I miss something, such as prior versions of Swazoo as
> a priori, or some Dolphin Socket patches that had been posted ?

SocketAbstract2, Socket2 and ServerSocket2 comes bundled with Dx6 CE and
PRO editions in the package "Dolphin Sockets".

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: [ANN] Sport + Swazoo 1.1.4 + Seaside 2.6 for Dolphin X6

tgkuo
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:11:32 -0300, "Esteban A. Maringolo"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>SocketAbstract2, Socket2 and ServerSocket2 comes bundled with Dx6 CE and
>PRO editions in the package "Dolphin Sockets".

Thanks, I found it, maybe I removed it accidentally sometime before.
The server runs smoothly now.
I'll spend some time test upon it.

thanks

tgguo