[ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

[ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I've just uploaded new squeak-dev and squeak-web images based on
Squeak3.9-7067 and Squeak3.10-7159.

http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

Changes in this version:
---------------------------

- squeak-web: Aida is now on version 5.6
- AutomaticMethodCategorizer has been ported to OmniBrowser
- DynamicProtocols has been removed until someone makes them faster (Zulq?)
- Mondrian is not installed anymore
- OmniBrowser now includes do it, print it, inspect it, explore it,
and debug it in the context menu
- OmniBrowser now displays a list of already existing method
categories when creating a new one
- OmniBrowser sorts the method categories alphabetically
- OmniBrowser now displays the list of selectors sent when clicking on
'Implementors' or 'Senders'
- Monticello15 is now installed in beta images
- Refactorings in OmniBrowser have been enhanced and cleaned.
- Rio is included in beta images
- UIEnhancements has been updated in beta images

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages (some packages are only in
the squeak-web image):

Aida version 5.6
AST version 155
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.25
AutomaticMethodCategorizerOB version 0.2
DynamicBindings version 2.7
eCompletion version 0.89
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.4
Installer version 1.0.181
KomHttpServer version 7.0.30
KomServices version 1.12
Magritte-Model version 1.0.14.300
Magritte-Morph version 1.0.14.39
Magritte-Seaside version 1.0.14.248
Magritte-Tests version 1.0.14.131
Monticello15 version 1.5.471
Monticello15-Bootstrap version 1.5.470
MonticelloConfigurations version 1.0.44
MonticelloConfigurations-UniversesFix version un.33.fix.3
Null version 0.8
OB-Enhancements version 0.61
OmniBrowser version 0.406
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.25
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.45
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 0.53
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.323
OmniBrowser-SUnitIntegration version 0.9.1
OmniBrowser-TraitsIntegration version 0.32
PackageInfo-Base version 27
Pier version current
Pier-Blog version 1.0.14-alpha.66
Pier-Documents version 1.0.14-alpha.3
Pier-EditorEnh version 1.0.14-alpha.9
Pier-Model version 1.0.14-alpha.191
Pier-OmniBrowser version 1.0.14-alpha.31
Pier-Seaside version 1.0.14-alpha.231
Pier-Security version 1.0.14-alpha.102
Pier-Tests version 1.0.14-alpha.84
Refactoring Engine version 39
Rio version 0.34.22
Rio-Kernel version 0.71
RoelTyper version 0.60
RSRSS2 version 2.8.9
Scriptaculous version 2.8.228
ScriptManager version 0.6
Seaside version 2.8.522
Seaside-Adapters-Core version pmm.2.mcz
Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo version pmm.7.mcz-2
Seaside-Squeak-Adapters version pmm.3.mcz
SeasideAdaptersCompatibility version pmm.1.mcz
Shout version 3.15-tween.70
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.2
SmaCC runtime version 13
Sport version 2.31
Squeak dev packages version 0.19
Squeak dev packages beta version 0.21
Squeak web packages version 0.2
SUnit-improved version 4.0.108
SUnitGUI-improved version 4.0.48
Swazoo version 2.1
ToolBuilder integration for UI Themes version 0.52
UI Themes and Standard Widgets version 0.59
Universes version 41
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.35
YAXO version 9

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages
- Install them

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

Zulq Alam-2
Thanks Damien.

Z.

Damien Cassou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> - DynamicProtocols has been removed until someone makes them faster (Zulq?)

Yep. I did some digging over the weekend. Will try and get something
together over the next week.

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

SergeStinckwich
Damien Cassou a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded new squeak-dev and squeak-web images based on
> Squeak3.9-7067 and Squeak3.10-7159.
>
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

Thank you Damien for your good work.

I have some problems in the 3.10 image with the default system browser :

- select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
there is three selections ...

- senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
after selecting a method.

-- Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

cedreek
> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
> there is three selections ...
>
> - senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
> after selecting a method.

This is the side effect of OBmultipleSelectionAdaptor provided by the
OBEnhancement package... If you shift click on a method, it opens
another pane with this method... I think this need a refactoring
especially the way the selection are kept in memory. Could we add an
inst var for that ? David ? :)

I suggest you change to OBSystemAdaptor bydefault that will work fine,
but you will lose the package view on the left pane and will get the
usual class category.
I'd love to be able to switch to this view in the main OBBrowser but
the problem seems to be it's dependant to Monticello... Could we have
something loadable only if monticello is in the image ?

Cédrick

cdrick a écrit :

>> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
>> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
>> there is three selections ...
>>
>> - senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
>> after selecting a method.
>>

> This is the side effect of OBmultipleSelectionAdaptor provided by the
> OBEnhancement package... If you shift click on a method, it opens
> another pane with this method... I think this need a refactoring
> especially the way the selection are kept in memory. Could we add an
> inst var for that ? David ? :)

Right now, i switch back to Refactoring browser, because senders and
implementors buttons doesn't wor with OBMultipleSelectionAdaptor or
OBSystemBrowserAdaptor.

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

cedreek
> Right now, i switch back to Refactoring browser, because senders and
> implementors buttons doesn't wor with OBMultipleSelectionAdaptor or
> OBSystemBrowserAdaptor.

oh yes...
even shortcuts doesn't work ...

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Serge,

On Feb 6, 2008 8:11 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
> there is three selections ...

This is a problem with the multiple selection browser of David. I
don't know if he can fix it. Please submit a bug report on mantis and
assign it to dr.

> - senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
> after selecting a method.

This is due to the last commit in OmniBrowser. Please wait 10 minutes
approximately, open the Universe Browser, and upgrade your image with
it. This should update the OmniBrowser-Standard package and you won't
have this problem anymore.

Damien Cassou

Damien Cassou a écrit :

> Hi Serge,
>
> On Feb 6, 2008 8:11 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
>> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
>> there is three selections ...
>

> This is a problem with the multiple selection browser of David. I
> don't know if he can fix it. Please submit a bug report on mantis and
> assign it to dr.

Done ! i could'nt modify the assignee, so it is you right now.

>> - senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
>> after selecting a method.
>

> This is due to the last commit in OmniBrowser. Please wait 10 minutes
> approximately, open the Universe Browser, and upgrade your image with
> it. This should update the OmniBrowser-Standard package and you won't
> have this problem anymore.

Cool, it works know. I like realtime debugging ;-)

Damien Cassou a écrit :

> Hi Serge,
>
> On Feb 6, 2008 8:11 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
>> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
>> there is three selections ...
>

> This is a problem with the multiple selection browser of David. I
> don't know if he can fix it. Please submit a bug report on mantis and
> assign it to dr.
>

>> - senders and implementors buttons doesn't not work. There is a DNU
>> after selecting a method.
>

> This is due to the last commit in OmniBrowser. Please wait 10 minutes
> approximately, open the Universe Browser, and upgrade your image with
> it. This should update the OmniBrowser-Standard package and you won't
> have this problem anymore.

I still have some annoying problems with OB ...
Sometimes (i dunno why), when i use the arrow on the methods list pane,
i got a DNU when i'm the last item or the first item. Please find below,
the full stack.

When i relaunch the OB, the problem is gone ...

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/

7 February 2008 10:52:12 am

VM: Mac OS - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.10beta [latest update: #7159]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /Users/serge/SqueakImages/NewImages/3.10/sq3.10-7159dev08.02.1
Trusted Dir /foobar/tooBar/forSqueak/bogus
Untrusted Dir /Users/serge/Library/Preferences/Squeak/Internet/My Squeak

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #metaNode
        Receiver: nil
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage: metaNode
        Receiver's instance variables:
nil

OBColumn>>nextMetaNode
        Receiver: an OBColumn(nil)
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                panel: an OBColumnPanel
                switch: an OBSwitch
                fan: an OBFan
                selection: 24

OBColumn>>shouldBeLast
        Receiver: an OBColumn(nil)
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                panel: an OBColumnPanel
                switch: an OBSwitch
                fan: an OBFan
                selection: 24

OBColumn>>next
        Receiver: an OBColumn(nil)
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                panel: an OBColumnPanel
                switch: an OBSwitch
                fan: an OBFan
                selection: 24

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #metaNode
OBColumn>>nextMetaNode
OBColumn>>shouldBeLast
OBColumn>>next
OBColumnPanel>>selected:
OBColumnPanel>>selectionChangedIn:
OBColumnPanel>>selectionChanged:
MessageSend>>valueWithArguments:
[] in ActionSequence>>valueWithArguments: {[:each | answer := each
valueWithArguments: anArray]}
ActionSequence(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
ActionSequence>>valueWithArguments:
[] in OBAnnouncer>>announce: {[:class :action | (ann isKindOf: class)
ifTrue: [action     valueWithArgum...]}
[] in IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo: {[:assoc | aBlock
value: assoc key value: assoc value]}
IdentityDictionary(Set)>>do:
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationsDo:
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
OBAnnouncer>>announce:
OBColumn>>signalSelectionChanged
OBColumn>>selection:
OBPluggableListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>changeModelSelection:
OBPluggableListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>specialKeyPressed:
OBPluggableListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>keyStroke:
OBPluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleKeystroke:
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:
OBPluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
OBPluggableListMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
OBPluggableListMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
OBPluggableListMorph(PluggableListMorph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.
ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendKeyboardEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h
processEvents.  capturingGesture := capturingGest...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess {[[World doOneCycle.  Processor
yield.  false] whileFalse.  nil]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

David Röthlisberger

>> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
>> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
>> there is three selections ...
>
> This is the side effect of OBmultipleSelectionAdaptor provided by the
> OBEnhancement package... If you shift click on a method, it opens
> another pane with this method... I think this need a refactoring
> especially the way the selection are kept in memory. Could we add an
> inst var for that ? David ? :)

For what exactly you want to add an inst var? For the multiple selected items? For
the current (single) selected item?
The multiple selected items are stored in an inst var in the model, ie. in class
OBMultipleSelectionColumn. The current (single) selected item is already stored in
OBColumn.
The problem with the arrows keys is that they are not properly handled by
PluggableListMorphOfMany. In fact, this class only inherits the behavior of
PluggableListMorph regarding arrow keys. This means that the first element (before
using the arrow key) is still (multiple) selected while the new element after using
the arrow key is selected normally as if only single selection would be possible.
I can adapt this in the context of OmniBrowser to de-select the first (multiple)
selected element after pressing a special key like arrow.

> I'd love to be able to switch to this view in the main OBBrowser but
> the problem seems to be it's dependant to Monticello... Could we have
> something loadable only if monticello is in the image ?

You mean that you only get the package view if Monticello is loaded? Well, this
should be possible to do.

David

On Feb 7, 2008 10:52 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I still have some annoying problems with OB ...
> Sometimes (i dunno why), when i use the arrow on the methods list pane,
> i got a DNU when i'm the last item or the first item. Please find below,
> the full stack.

Please fill bug reports on mantis.

Damien Cassou

Damien Cassou a écrit :

> Hi Serge,
>
> On Feb 7, 2008 10:52 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I still have some annoying problems with OB ...
>> Sometimes (i dunno why), when i use the arrow on the methods list pane,
>> i got a DNU when i'm the last item or the first item. Please find below,
>> the full stack.
>

> Please fill bug reports on mantis.

Yes, but i have to find a way to safely reproduce the bug ...

Serge Stinckwich schrieb:

> Damien Cassou a écrit :
>> Hi Serge,
>>
>> On Feb 7, 2008 10:52 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> I still have some annoying problems with OB ...
>>> Sometimes (i dunno why), when i use the arrow on the methods list pane,
>>> i got a DNU when i'm the last item or the first item. Please find below,
>>> the full stack.
>>

>> Please fill bug reports on mantis.
>
> Yes, but i have to find a way to safely reproduce the bug ...

I also looked at that, but could never reproduce it.
If you can provide me with a procedure to reproduce that problem, I will try to find
a solution for it.

David

David Röthlisberger a écrit :

> Serge Stinckwich schrieb:
>> Damien Cassou a écrit :
>>> Hi Serge,

>>> Please fill bug reports on mantis.
>>
>> Yes, but i have to find a way to safely reproduce the bug ...
>
> I also looked at that, but could never reproduce it.
> If you can provide me with a procedure to reproduce that problem, I will
> try to find a solution for it.

Yes, it's pretty hard to reproduce ... If the problem occurs again,
could i send you my image ?

Thank you,