[ANN] SqueakDBX 1.2 release

1 message Options

[ANN] SqueakDBX 1.2 release

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks. We are realeasing SqueakDBX 1.2, just an small release. For those who doesn't know, SqueakDBX is a database driver to connect to most of the existing databases.

For more details, please read www.squeakdbx.org

The main changes in this release are:
  • ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX version: 1.2
  • Comments: SqueakDBX stable 1.2
  • OpenDBX version: 1.5
  • New Features
    • GlorpDBX connection pool for SqueakDBXDriver. Thanks to John Toohey for this contribution.
    • New support for Firebird 100% green tests in Windows.
    • New support for MySQL 4.
    • New tests for PostgreSQL sequences, for bad data settings, large objects, etc.
    • We now let a platform to set special options ALWAYS before opening the connection.
    • Packages remodularization and little changes so that to easily support ports, for example to Dolphin.
    • Start to support large objects. For the moment: Postgresql supports TEXT, MySQL supports TEXT and BLOB, and SQLite CLOB (error with BLOB), Oracle supports CLOB and NCLOB.
    • Added the possibility to enable or disable automatic release of connections using WeakRegistry.
  • Notes
    • Tested with Cog, resulting in an average of 3x increase and 100% green.
    • Tested in Pharo 1.0 and 1.1.
    • Updated Metacello configurations

To install it:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';
load.

(ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: '1.2') load.

In Pharo 1.1 I recommend to evaluate the following:

DBXPlatform disableAutomaticConnectionReleaseOnGC

Cheers

Mariano