[ANN] SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

[ANN] SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks: Since latest Pharo version 10418 SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo. The Cryptography package is not need any more as MD5 was Incorporated in Pharo.

You must have Installer installed in your image. If you use a Pharo it should be already installed, however in a core image, you should install it. The easier way is to just evaluate:

ScriptLoader new installingInstaller.

So, this is the summary to load this packages in Pharo:

SqueakDBX: The loader will load not only SqueakDBX but also FFI.

Installer ss
    project: 'SqueakDBX';
        install: 'SqueakDBXPharoLoader'.

And then evaluate:

SqueakDBXPharoLoader loadSqueakDBX

Glorp: This will apply the path to support underscore in selectors, load Glorp, the GlorpPharoAdaptor and the native PostgreSQL driver.

Installer ss
    project: 'Glorp';
        install: 'GlorpPharoLoader'.

And then evaluate:

GlorpPharoLoader loadGlorpWithNativePostgreSQLDriver

GlorpDBX:   This will apply the path to support underscore in selectors, load Glorp and the GlorpPharoAdaptor. Then it will apply the path to Glorp to support different database drivers (our refactor) and will load the SqueakDBX Glorp Driver and also will load SqueakDBX and FFI. You don't nee to explicitly download SqueakDBX in this case.

Installer ss
    project: 'SqueakDBX';
        install: 'SqueakDBXPharoLoader'.

And then evaluate:

SqueakDBXPharoLoader loadGlorpDBX

Best,

Mariano

Re: [ANN] SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

Miguel Cobá
Congrats Mariano and team,

I haven't had the chance to use your work in a project but I follow the
progress that the SqueakDBX team is doing. It is good to know that there
are ways to connect with RDBS when needed.

This adds to the increasing list of packages that work in Pharo and this
is very good.
Thanks
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

Excellent!
I still think that we can keep MD5 in the image for now since there
are 3 classes.

Stef

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent!
I still think that we can keep MD5 in the image for now since there
are 3 classes.

Stef: MD5 is already present in the core image :)

2009/8/19 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <[hidden email]>
Congrats Mariano and team,

I haven't had the chance to use your work in a project but I follow the
progress that the SqueakDBX team is doing. It is good to know that there
are ways to connect with RDBS when needed.

Thanks Miguel!

Of course GlorpDBX is yet in development but we want and need to show our progress because of the SummerTalk.

This adds to the increasing list of packages that work in Pharo and this
is very good.

Yep. I will update the wiki today.

Thanks
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

Yes I know :)