[ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

[ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Installation:
Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFFI) project latestVersion) load.

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'SophieGoldDig';
    package: 'SpdQT';
    load.

Then, blow your mind by playing a video in-image with:
aURI := URI fromString: 'file:///path/to/video.ext'.
movie := QuickTimeMovie openMovieFromURI: aURI.
m := SqueakMovieMorph openOn: movie.

Pharo 1.1.1 - there will be two errors – for both, go into the debugger and remove the isFinalizationSupported checks.

Sean DeNigris

Sean

Re: [ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Forgot to mention, right now the prototype only works on Mac.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to have it work on other platforms.  It may be easy as I just hardcorded the Mac platform references and there was other-platform code that can be re-enabled.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Pharo 1.1.1 - there will be two errors – for both, go into the debugger and remove the isFinalizationSupported checks.
Now loads in Pharo without errors.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Stéphane Ducasse
cool!
Tx!

Sean pay attention that the license of sophie should force you to put the fact that this is copyrighted from an american university (I forgot the name) and this is why alain rewrote completely the undo manager instead of using the one of sophie.

Stef

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>>
>> Pharo 1.1.1 - there will be two errors – for both, go into the debugger
>> and remove the isFinalizationSupported checks.
>>

> Now loads in Pharo without errors.

Re: [ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
Sean pay attention that the license of sophie...
Thanks for reminding me Steph.  I checked the Sophie site and it seems the only requirement is to include the license text with the code, so I pasted it into a class comment in an -Info sub-category.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] SqueakMovieMorph (Alpha) plays any video file playable by QuickTime

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes that should do it ;)

Stef