ANN: Strange error in `amber init` / `grunt devel` fixed

1 message Options

ANN: Strange error in `amber init` / `grunt devel` fixed

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

It wasn't probably just me, but some you as well, who experienced
strange error when `amber init` or `grunt devel` just failed in the
phase of generating config.js from .amd.json files.

The bug was in "findit" dependency of amd-config-builder library. This
performed filetree traversal and skipped some dirs, sometimes, in node
 >=0.12. The library was stalled, as its author substack sort-of pulled
himself out, but thankfully there is a fork named "findit2" which keeps
fixing the errors. I moved amd-config-builder to use "findit2" and error
disappered, for me (YMMV).

To upgrade your existing project (`amber init` does not need any steps,
it just works), remove your `node_modules` directory and run `npm install`.

Herby