[ANN] Stripe.com payment gateway integration

[ANN] Stripe.com payment gateway integration

Paul DeBruicker
Only tested in Pharo-1.3 & Seaside 3.0 but you can use
http://www.stripe.com as a payment gateway for credit cards.  Matches
most of the stripe API as described here: https://stripe.com/docs. It
does not yet include support for their WebHooks notification system.  It
does require a stripe account, Zinc, Zodiac, and the SqueakSSL plugin.

The tests are very slow, because it creates, retrieves, and deletes
items on their servers as it is testing.

At this time they only accept USA based credit cards in USD denominations.

Please let me know if you try it and run into any problems.

Thanks

Paul

Re: [ANN] Stripe.com payment gateway integration

Philippe Marschall
2011/10/26 Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]>:

> Only tested in Pharo-1.3 & Seaside 3.0 but you can use http://www.stripe.com
> as a payment gateway for credit cards.  Matches most of the stripe API as
> described here: https://stripe.com/docs. It does not yet include support for
> their WebHooks notification system.  It does require a stripe account, Zinc,
> Zodiac, and the SqueakSSL plugin.
>
> The tests are very slow, because it creates, retrieves, and deletes items on
> their servers as it is testing.
>
> At this time they only accept USA based credit cards in USD denominations.

I guess that makes interchange way easier ;-)

Cheers
Philippe

On 11-10-25 08:30 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> >  At this time they only accept USA based credit cards in USD denominations.
> I guess that makes interchange way easier;-)
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Indeed.  Its my understanding they really want to add support for
international cards.

Also if anyone tried it before right now the Seaside example was broken.
  Sorry about that.  I think it is working.  Let me know if not.  The
configuration in the SqueakSource repo should load everything properly.

Re: [ANN] Stripe.com payment gateway integration

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Paul,

On 26 Oct 2011, at 02:11, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> Only tested in Pharo-1.3 & Seaside 3.0 but you can use http://www.stripe.com as a payment gateway for credit cards. Matches most of the stripe API as described here: https://stripe.com/docs. It does not yet include support for their WebHooks notification system.  It does require a stripe account, Zinc, Zodiac, and the SqueakSSL plugin.

This is excellent news. I do not know what you are exactly working on but it seems like there is a success story there that we as a community should know about ;-)

It makes me happy to learn that the Zinc, Zodiac, SSL/HTTPS combination is working for you.

Regards,

Sven