[ANN] TDDFacilities - Restarting a test sends #tearDown and #setUp

[ANN] TDDFacilities - Restarting a test sends #tearDown and #setUp

hernan.wilkinson
Hi,
 I created a new version of TDDFacilities (TDD-Facilities-HernanWilkinson.15) that includes:

1) When debugging a test and the test is changed or restarted, the messages #tearDown and #setUp are sent to the test to restart it in the correct state. (This is something I asked to Niall when showing SUnit 4 at Esug)
2) Fixed and error with the "Create" button that did not appear when doing "Step Into" or "Step Over".
3) Removed code to make it compatible with Pharo 1.1

I hope you like it!
Hernan.

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching

Re: [ANN] TDDFacilities - Restarting a test sends #tearDown and #setUp

Fernando olivero-2
GREAT!

Is there a ConfigurationOfTDDFacilities available?

Fernando
On Sep 20, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

Hi,
 I created a new version of TDDFacilities (TDD-Facilities-HernanWilkinson.15) that includes:

1) When debugging a test and the test is changed or restarted, the messages #tearDown and #setUp are sent to the test to restart it in the correct state. (This is something I asked to Niall when showing SUnit 4 at Esug)
2) Fixed and error with the "Create" button that did not appear when doing "Step Into" or "Step Over".
3) Removed code to make it compatible with Pharo 1.1

I hope you like it!
Hernan.

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
email: [hidden email]
site: http://www.10Pines.com

<ATT00001..txt>

Re: [ANN] TDDFacilities - Restarting a test sends #tearDown and #setUp

Alexandre Bergel
> hmm no there is not because it is just one package... do you think it is worth to have one?

Yes.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [ANN] TDDFacilities - Restarting a test sends #tearDown and #setUp

Fernando olivero-2
By doing ( in pharo core):

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'TDDFacilities';
package: 'TDD-Facilities';
load

You get dependency errors:

This package depends on the following classes:
   OBTextMorphEditorWithShout
 DEVToolSet
   OBBrowser
  OBTextSelection
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  DEVToolSet classSide>>ifOBTools:else:
  OBBrowser>>scanNodeCommands:
  OBBrowser>>scanTextCommands:
  OBTextMorphEditorWithShout classSide>>initializeCmdKeyShortcuts
  OBTextMorphEditorWithShout>>debugTest:
  OBTextMorphEditorWithShout>>save:andValueTestHelper:
  OBTextMorphEditorWithShout>>stepTest:
  OBTextMorphEditorWithShout>>valueTestHelper:
  OBTextSelection>>isMethodNode

So the ConfigurationOfTDDFacilities could take care of resolving this dependencies, automatically.

Fernando

On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

[...]

Miguel Cobá
El mar, 21-09-2010 a las 08:34 -0300, Hernan Wilkinson escribió:
> hmm no there is not because it is just one package... do you think it
> is worth to have one?

Yes, because other Confs can refer to it and more exactly to specific
releases of it. Then if later you happen to break the code in several
pacakges, that doesn't affect the configurations refering to it, because
it will be Metacello the one in charge to bring all the packages that
compose that version.
In the long term, no matter that a package is only one package, a
metacello configuration provides a stable dependency interface for
others to use.

Cheers

> 2010/9/21 Fernando olivero <[hidden email]>
>         GREAT!
>
>         Is there a ConfigurationOfTDDFacilities available?
>

>         Fernando
>
>         On Sep 20, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
>

>         >
>         > Hi,
>         >  I created a new version of TDDFacilities
>         > (TDD-Facilities-HernanWilkinson.15) that includes:
>         >
>         >
>         > 1) When debugging a test and the test is changed or
>         > restarted, the messages #tearDown and #setUp are sent to the
>         > test to restart it in the correct state. (This is something
>         > I asked to Niall when showing SUnit 4 at Esug)
>         > 2) Fixed and error with the "Create" button that did not
>         > appear when doing "Step Into" or "Step Over".
>         > 3) Removed code to make it compatible with Pharo 1.1
>         >
>         >
>         > I hope you like it!
>         > Hernan.
>         >
>         > --
>         > Hernán Wilkinson
>         > Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
>         > Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
>         > email: [hidden email]
>         > site: http://www.10Pines.com
>         >
>         >
>         > <ATT00001..txt>

> Hernán Wilkinson
> Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
> Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
> email: [hidden email]
> site: http://www.10Pines.com

Miguel Cobá