[ANN] Tech Preview: Cross-Platform OS Process Framework

[ANN] Tech Preview: Cross-Platform OS Process Framework

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
VAST 2021 Technology Preview: Thursday, July 9, 10am ET

Greetings all,

A New Cross-Platform OS Process Framework is coming to VAST 2021. Get a sneak peek of its unique capabilities during this online event:

Hope you can make it!

Best regards,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Re: [ANN] Tech Preview: Cross-Platform OS Process Framework

jtuchel
I really am looking forward to this feature (and the presentation). We're developing on Windows and deploying to Linux, and one of the issues of this cross-platform process is that AbtProgramStarter has very different behavior on Windows and Linux. So we need to do some testing and development on Linux for this exact reason.

This will be one of the most important features for us in since 8.6 together with 64 bits, SMTP/IMAP, PostgreSQL and many more of the great additions that you guys implemented for VAST.

Joachim

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 3:20 AM Joachim Tuchel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I really am looking forward to this feature (and the presentation). We're developing on Windows and deploying to Linux, and one of the issues of this cross-platform process is that AbtProgramStarter has very different behavior on Windows and Linux. So we need to do some testing and development on Linux for this exact reason.

This will be one of the most important features for us in since 8.6 together with 64 bits, SMTP/IMAP, PostgreSQL and many more of the great additions that you guys implemented for VAST.

Hi Joachim,

You will be very very happy then. As I said in my social media channels, as the original author of OSSubprocess for Pharo, I can tell you this new framework easily blows away everything I have seen so far in this area.

Best,