[ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

[ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Telescope is an engine for efficiently creating meaningful
visualizations. It allow users to create models of visualizations and to
render them via connectors to visualization frameworks.

Until now, it was hosted on SmalltalkHub and we just migrated it to Github.

https://github.com/TelescopeSt/Telescope

We also finished the v1.0.0 of the CytoscapeJs
(http://js.cytoscape.org/) Telescope connector. It is build on top of
Seaside to use visualizations as components.

You can find the project at:
https://github.com/TelescopeSt/TelescopeCytoscape

And a demo at: https://demos.ferlicot.fr/TelescopeDemo

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

Esteban A. Maringolo
You announced so many things, that I'll use this last one to thank you
for sharing this.

I found a few of the projects very interesting and I look forward to
use them for real.

Thank you again.
Esteban A. Maringolo

> Telescope is an engine for efficiently creating meaningful
> visualizations. It allow users to create models of visualizations and to
> render them via connectors to visualization frameworks.
>
> Until now, it was hosted on SmalltalkHub and we just migrated it to Github.
>
> https://github.com/TelescopeSt/Telescope
>
> We also finished the v1.0.0 of the CytoscapeJs
> (http://js.cytoscape.org/) Telescope connector. It is build on top of
> Seaside to use visualizations as components.
>
> You can find the project at:
> https://github.com/TelescopeSt/TelescopeCytoscape
>
> And a demo at: https://demos.ferlicot.fr/TelescopeDemo
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

Johan Brichau-2
I had the same problem: which one am I going to react to? :)
thx Cyril!

Johan

Le 03/05/2018 à 21:02, Esteban A. Maringolo a écrit :
> You announced so many things, that I'll use this last one to thank you
> for sharing this.
>
> I found a few of the projects very interesting and I look forward to
> use them for real.

It was all the open source projects in which I participated and that we
never took the time to release. I decided to move them to github to try
the new iceberg and to have a stable version on which people can rely.

Now it's done and I hope the community will find them helpful and
participate (even if it's just opening issues) :)

> Thank you again.
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

Tim Mackinnon
+100 and also for helping advance iceberg - we’re all desperate for a stable version with a reliable UI, and it sounds like this latest incarnation is really getting there?

Tim

Le 04/05/2018 à 00:13, Tim Mackinnon a écrit :
> +100 and also for helping advance iceberg - we’re all desperate for a stable version with a reliable UI, and it sounds like this latest incarnation is really getting there?

As a quick answer I think that the new UI is much more user friendly and
stable than the old one.

I still miss some features but we are getting there step by step.

With the old UI I would say I did 50% of the work with Iceberg and 50%
with external git tools. Now I think it's more 80%-20%. And there is
less blocking bugs (and I use the dev version ;) )

If the subject continue on Iceberg, it's better to open a new thread to
keep this one around the Cytoscape connector for Telescope. Thanks.

> Tim

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

Chris Muller-3
Oh my that looks geared and ready to do Maui in the browser!

This is exciting!

A nice set of demos, well done...

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Cyril Ferlicot D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Telescope is an engine for efficiently creating meaningful
> visualizations. It allow users to create models of visualizations and to
> render them via connectors to visualization frameworks.
>
> Until now, it was hosted on SmalltalkHub and we just migrated it to Github.
>
> https://github.com/TelescopeSt/Telescope
>
> We also finished the v1.0.0 of the CytoscapeJs
> (http://js.cytoscape.org/) Telescope connector. It is build on top of
> Seaside to use visualizations as components.
>
> You can find the project at:
> https://github.com/TelescopeSt/TelescopeCytoscape
>
> And a demo at: https://demos.ferlicot.fr/TelescopeDemo
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] TelescopeCytoscape for Seaside v1.0.0

Mariano Martinez Peck
I will just join the rest of the public thanking Cyril! It's very nice to see more people pushing and evolving Seaside!

Thank you!