[ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

abergel
Dear all,

We are happy to release Hapao2 for Pharo. Ricard Jacas and Alejandro Infante put quite some work on Spy2 (an über cool profiling framework for Pharo) and Hapao2.
Hapao2 is about assessing the test coverage of your code and is a major revamp of Hapao1, which was presented a couple of years ago by Vanessa.
Hapao2 does not only list covered and uncovered methods, as most test coverage tool on Earth will do. Hapao gives a great visualization to easily navigate in your code, assess its complexity, and give you a great visual output telling its coverage.

You need Roassal in your image:

Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile'
    project: 'Roassal2';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfRoassal2';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfRoassal2) load

and you need S2py:
MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/ObjectProfile/S2py/main'
user: ''
password: ''

New entries will appear in the world menu:

You can run the test coverage on :
 - the class classes you have modified,
 - on a particular
 - on a particular class category
 - on the last class categories you have modified
 - on the last packages you have modified

Here is a portion of a large coverage:

A technical description of Hapao may be found on http://bergel.eu/download/papers/Berg12c-HapaoSCP.pdf

We are daily using Hapao to help us understand our tests.

Cheers,
Ricardo, Alejandro & Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

stepharo
This is cool I blog about it.
Now pay attention class categories will not exist in the future.

Stef

On 16/9/14 18:03, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
[...]

Trygve

Stef
Any ref to this development?

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

Trygve
Doru,
"Now pay attention class categories will not exist in the future."
I already know about system categories (categories of classes) and method categories within a class.
I understood you to mean system categories.
What are class categories and why will they be removed?
--Trygve

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

Tudor Girba-2
Class categories are system categories :).

Since Pharo 3.0, they are replaced with RPackage. They are still around at the moment as a backup system, but almost everything in the image should now work through RPackage. The difference between the two is that while system categories are awkward strings, RPackages are explicit objects.

To learn more, you can inspect for example:
RPackageOrganizer default packages

Cheers,
Doru

Doru,

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

Trygve
Thanks. Looks like a powerful improvement.   --Trygve

On 21.09.2014 19:34, Tudor Girba wrote:
[...]

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: [hidden email]
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://folk.uio.no/trygver/
N-0378 Oslo             http://fullOO.info
Norway                     Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Re: [ANN] Test Coverage with Hapao

Tudor Girba-2
It is :)

Doru

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Trygve Reenskaug <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Norway                     Tel: <a href="tel:%28%2B47%29%2022%2049%2057%2027" value="+4722495727" target="_blank">(+47) 22 49 57 27

--

"Every thing has its own flow"