[ANN] The Squeak Website

12

[ANN] The Squeak Website

Tobias Pape
Dear Smalltalkers

I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website

        http://squeak.org

Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
of effort into the new site.

Within the next week, the source for the site should be arrive
at our github organization[1] so that changes can be easily done
via pull requests.

Best regards
        -Tobias

[1]: https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Dan Norton
On 29 Jun 2015 at 14:40, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
>
> http://squeak.org
>
> Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
> of effort into the new site.
>
> Within the next week, the source for the site should be arrive
> at our github organization[1] so that changes can be easily done
> via pull requests.
>
> Best regards
> -Tobias
>

> [1]: https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/

+ 100

Congratulations. This is most impressive.

I hope you can extend the good work into Documentation>Morphic Framework. There are
some "404 not found" errors there.

 - Dan

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Chris Muller-3
Looks great, and just in time for the new releases.  Thanks!

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
>
>         http://squeak.org
>
> Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
> of effort into the new site.
>
> Within the next week, the source for the site should be arrive
> at our github organization[1] so that changes can be easily done
> via pull requests.
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>

> [1]: https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

timrowledge

On 29-06-2015, at 7:27 AM, Dan Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope you can extend the good work into Documentation>Morphic Framework. There are
> some "404 not found" errors there.

The good news is that this is just the swiki, which means we can all fix problems found therein! And we should; lots of cleaning up is needed. So much is out of date or incomplete.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Te precor dulcissime supplex! = Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Tony Garnock-Jones-3
On 06/29/2015 08:40 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:
> I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
> http://squeak.org

Wow. That's beautiful! Congratulations to everyone involved.

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Karl Ramberg

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 29-06-2015, at 7:27 AM, Dan Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope you can extend the good work into Documentation>Morphic Framework. There are
> some "404 not found" errors there.

The good news is that this is just the swiki, which means we can all fix problems found therein! And we should; lots of cleaning up is needed. So much is out of date or incomplete.

Ugh, the Squeak wiki needs some TLC.

I fixed some of the dead links. But much info on the page/wiki is past expiration date.

Karl

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Te precor dulcissime supplex! = Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 29-06-15 14:40, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
>
> http://squeak.org
>
> Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
> of effort into the new site.

Well done, looking good!
   Stephan

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Stéphane Rollandin
> http://squeak.org
>
> Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
> of effort into the new site.

Nice !

[ANN] The Squeak Website

Louis LaBrunda
Great job!!!

Lou

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:40:25 +0200, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear Smalltalkers
>
>I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
>
> http://squeak.org
>
>Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
>of effort into the new site.
>
>Within the next week, the source for the site should be arrive
>at our github organization[1] so that changes can be easily done
>via pull requests.
>
>Best regards
> -Tobias
>

>[1]: https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon
mailto:[hidden email] http://www.Keystone-Software.com

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Edgar De Cleene
Feeling sad as colleagues do not list me as previous Board member.

At the time i was on the bench and when Dan leave us , i do my best.

As when Ralph pick me for doing 3.10.
As when Andreas exchange several mails with me and took my rough ideas and design the current trunk updates how to.
As when I put all my love and efforts and do FunSqueak.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Tobias Pape
Hey Edgar,

On 30.06.2015, at 13:03, Edgar De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Feeling sad as colleagues do not list me as previous Board member.

We did not intend to leave you out, sorry for the omission.
I have updated the site to include you.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> At the time i was on the bench and when Dan leave us , i do my best.
>
> As when Ralph pick me for doing 3.10.
> As when Andreas exchange several mails with me and took my rough ideas and design the current trunk updates how to.
> As when I put all my love and efforts and do FunSqueak.
>

> Edgar

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Göran Krampe
On 06/29/2015 02:40 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> I am pleased to announce new look of the Squeak Website
>
> http://squeak.org
>
> Personally, I want to thank Fabio Niephaus, who invested a lot
> of effort into the new site.

Really nice! This is good.

regards, Göran

Re: Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Louis LaBrunda
Hear, Hear, Edgar is a very worthwhile and often under appreciated member
of the Squeak community!!

Hang in there Edgar.

Lou

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:57:17 +0200, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hey Edgar,
>

>On 30.06.2015, at 13:03, Edgar De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Feeling sad as colleagues do not list me as previous Board member.
>
>We did not intend to leave you out, sorry for the omission.
>I have updated the site to include you.
>
>Best regards
> -Tobias
>

>> At the time i was on the bench and when Dan leave us , i do my best.
>>
>> As when Ralph pick me for doing 3.10.
>> As when Andreas exchange several mails with me and took my rough ideas and design the current trunk updates how to.
>> As when I put all my love and efforts and do FunSqueak.
>>

>> Edgar

Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon
mailto:[hidden email] http://www.Keystone-Software.com

Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

marcel.taeumel
Thanks, Fabio! Wohooo! Nice. :)

Re: Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Louis LaBrunda wrote
Hear, Hear, Edgar is a very worthwhile and often under appreciated member
of the Squeak community!!
Indeed!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:37:27AM -0700, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Louis LaBrunda wrote
> > Hear, Hear, Edgar is a very worthwhile and often under appreciated member
> > of the Squeak community!!
>
> Indeed!

+1000

Dave

Re: Re: [ANN] The Squeak Website

Hannes Hirzel
The downloads page is well structured and comprehensive!

I answers typical questions in fine print.

Also noteworthy the 'Research' page which contains a bibliography of
otherwise difficult to find material.

Well done.

--Hannes

On 7/1/15, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:37:27AM -0700, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>> Louis LaBrunda wrote
>> > Hear, Hear, Edgar is a very worthwhile and often under appreciated
>> > member
>> > of the Squeak community!!
>>
>> Indeed!
>>

> +1000