[ANN] UI Enahncements released

12

[ANN] UI Enahncements released

Gary Chambers-4
Available on the development universe under the "User Interface" category.

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 8/29/07 2:03 PM, "Gary Chambers" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Available on the development universe under the "User Interface" category.

Works very well in 3.10.

Windows people sure like it, good job.

Edgar

P.S. Any chance of old themes like Classic Mac ?

RE: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Gary Chambers-4
The framwork is there for it...

El 8/29/07 2:03 PM, "Gary Chambers" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Available on the development universe under the "User Interface"
> category.

Works very well in 3.10.

Windows people sure like it, good job.

Edgar

P.S. Any chance of old themes like Classic Mac ?

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

David Mitchell-10
I like it a lot. I'm not on Vista, but it looks better than
traditional Squeak. I'm glad you did two Squeaky themes as well.

On 8/29/07, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The framwork is there for it...

Ramon Leon-5

It looks awesome, love the soft squeak look.  The Vista theme looks ok but
it makes buttons too hard to read.  I love the task bar too, finally squeak
windows can minimize without cluttering my desktop.

If you're taking feature requests, I'd love to be able to double click the
title bar to minimize and maximize in addition to the normal min/max buttons
in the corner.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

RE: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Ramon Leon-5
> Available on the development universe under the "User
> Interface" category.

I just noticed things get funky when I put the task bar on top of the screen
where I prefer it rather than on bottom.  Maximizing no longer works and the
flaps dissapear while leaving their handles.  Any idea?

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

RE: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Gary Chambers-4
When I get a chance I'll investigate supporting the top/sides for the
taskbar. Just the bottom for the moment until I make it configurable. The
reason for the funkyness is that the world has no clearArea left since the
taskbar reports that it adhering to the bottom.

Nicolas Petton
Thanks again, you did a wonderful job !
Can we change the flaps look too ? I saw here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65338133@N00/789894614/in/set-72157601616989325/
a flap with a vista theme, but on my image the theme doesn't change flaps look.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas

http://bioskop.wordpress.com

RE: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Gary Chambers-4
Thanks. Will investigate double=clicking. Looks a bit convoluted at first
glance..

Just done from within Morphic...
These are my settings, make sure that only the tools flap is present first.

(World findA: FlapTab)
  setToPopOutOnMouseOver: true;
  solidTab;
  width: 8;
  fillStyle: (TranslucentColor r: 0.638 g: 0.702 b: 0.082 alpha: 0.667).
 (World findA: FlapTab) referent

--
Nicolas

http://bioskop.wordpress.com

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Serge Stinckwich-4
Great Gary ! Keep the good work going but don't publish Squeak code
under Squeak Licence as said on the SqueakSource page. Use MIT Licence
as we already did fot the core of Squeak. Squeak Licence should die ! ;-)

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
                                                           oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

RE: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Gary Chambers-4
License changed.

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

stephane ducasse
are there some screenshots somewhere ?
Stef

On 29 août 07, at 19:03, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Available on the development universe under the "User Interface"
> category.

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Adrian Lienhard
for example in this blog post: http://news.squeak.org/2007/08/30/new-
squeak-ui-enhancements-released/

Adrian

On Sep 2, 2007, at 11:46 , stephane ducasse wrote:

> are there some screenshots somewhere ?
> Stef
>
> On 29 août 07, at 19:03, Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> Available on the development universe under the "User Interface"
>> category.

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Mikael Kindborg-2
Really great to try this out. For example, FileDialogWindow and
ColorSelectorDialogWindow are very nice, would be great to have in the
image, is it too late to add this to 3.10?
I like the "Soft Squeak" theme a lot.
Best regards, Micke

El 9/2/07 10:51 AM, "Mikael Kindborg" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Really great to try this out. For example, FileDialogWindow and
> ColorSelectorDialogWindow are very nice, would be great to have in the
> image, is it too late to add this to 3.10?
> I like the "Soft Squeak" theme a lot.
> Best regards, Micke

Not to late, but I think this is an add on.
And maybe some don't like the look.

The base image should be smaller, going to MinimalMorphic.
We build walls, color of paint is left to user taste.

For ready to run, you have the excellent Damien image.
And I actualize the FunSqueak as soon as possible.
In this , I add the enhancements.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Jason Johnson-5

Yes, I agree.  I think this would be a great addition to Damien's image.

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Mikael Kindborg-2
Sounds good! FunSqueak sounds promising!
Micke

El 9/2/07 4:22 PM, "Mikael Kindborg" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Sounds good! FunSqueak sounds promising!
> Micke

Actually you have the info here http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5988
And Klaus host some outdated image the image.

The last I have is FunSqueak3.10alpha.7121.image and have some old frieneds
MorphicWrappers, MathMorphs, Wonderland, Fabrik , SqueakAmp and a couple of
new ones

Could add some OLPC project and Steph Smalltak book of previous Squeak if he
agree.
Off course actualize to last and in this sure I put the new look.

If all agree I update the image and could put for all download into official
ftp.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] UI Enahncements released

Karl-19
Gary Chambers wrote:
> Available on the development universe under the "User Interface" category.

There is a bug in drawing / updating list panes on mouse enter. You see
this by enabling Preference debugShowDamage. I have seen this bug before
and it is triggered when a morph is added to a owner but it's position
is not set and it's therefore added to World topLeft. I'm not sure which
morph is causing it here, it could be PluggableListMorph, ScrollPane,
LazyListMorph or some other.
Drawing bugs slow the feel of the UI down quite a bit.

Karl

12