[ANN] Update on my current work

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello all,

I have just released an updated image of my current work, including the
development snapshot of a 2.5D adventure game engine:

http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/rogue.htm

See details and demos in the image.

--

New stuff (that I can think of right now):

improved controls
tactical navigation
a different representation for dark areas
incremental floor textures
nicer baobabs!
many more monsters, better animated spiders and rock golems
a recursive dungeon floor spawner
terrains (water, lava)
doors
utility methods for color tweaking, better gradient fills
dice-rolling improvements

again, this is all described or demo-ed in the image itself

--

Best,

Re: [ANN] Update on my current work

marcel.taeumel
Hi Stef,

nice! Thank you. Note that your project is listed on https://squeak.org/projects/ under "Rogue Game Engine".

Best,
Marcel

Am 05.01.2021 20:58:23 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]>:

[...]

frank.lesser

I have started my first survey on twitter about Smalltalk future development

https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1347186405085163523?s=20

Frank

On 1/7/2021 12:37, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
[...]

ups sorry wrong topic

Re: [ANN] Update on my current work

Stéphane Rollandin
> nice! Thank you. Note that your project is listed on
> https://squeak.org/projects/ under "Rogue Game Engine".

Ah! The baobabs are nicer now :)

SmalltalkPuzzle

frank.lesser

I have published a new #SmalltalkPuzzle ( https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1348303972671614979?s=20 )

Pleave vote on my Smalltalk survey

https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1347186405085163523?s=20

Frank

Re: SmalltalkPuzzle

marcel.taeumel
Hi Frank! :-)

Pleave vote on my Smalltalk survey

There is a "none of the above" missing, regarding Christoph's "I would say tooling" comment. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Am 10.01.2021 17:41:11 schrieb Frank Lesser <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I have published a new #SmalltalkPuzzle ( https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1348303972671614979?s=20 )

Pleave vote on my Smalltalk survey

https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1347186405085163523?s=20

Frank

[offtopic] Survey

frank.lesser

hi,

a new survey,

https://twitter.com/LesserFrank/status/1349759950113951744?s=20

btw, a DolphinSmalltalk Discord server is online

https://discord.gg/X5JMRP85nG

Frank

Hi Frank! :-)