[ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

12

[ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar De Cleene
[ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip You could found it in http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

List of packages as doing PackageOrganizer default packageNames saveOnFile for fresh
Squeak4.2-10548-alpha, importing the .obj into Fun and doing the difference with PackageOrganizer default packageNames on it

('AST-Core' 'AST-Semantic' 'Aida' 'Alien-VMMaker-Plugins' 'Balloon3D-Constants' 'Balloon3D-Plugins' 'BroomMorphs-Base' 'BroomMorphs-Connectors' 'CGPrereqs' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples' 'Comet-Pharo-Core' 'Comet-Tests-Core' 'ConfigurationOfAida' 'ConfigurationOfGofer' 'ConfigurationOfGrease' 'ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer' 'ConfigurationOfMagritte2' 'ConfigurationOfMetacello' 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser' 'ConfigurationOfPier2' 'ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2' 'ConfigurationOfSPort2' 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30' 'ConfigurationOfSwazoo2' 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport' 'Connectors' 'ConnectorsBasicDistro' 'ConnectorsDemo' 'ConnectorsGraphLayout' 'ConnectorsShapes' 'ConnectorsText' 'ConnectorsTools' 'ConsCell' 'Continuation' 'DynamicBindings' 'ECompletion' 'Environments' 'FFI-Kernel' 'FFI-Pools' 'FSM' 'FreeType' 'Freetype-Plugin' 'FunctionalTalk' 'Functions' 'Gofer-Core' 'Grease-Core' 'Grease-Pharo-Core' 'Grease-Tests-Core' 'Grease-Tests-Pharo-Core' 'HTML' 'InstanceEncoder' 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'JQuery-UI' 'Javascript-Core' 'Javascript-Pharo-Core' 'Javascript-Tests-Core' 'Javascript-Tests-Pharo-Core' 'KomHttpServer' 'KomServices' 'Magritte-Model' 'Magritte-Morph' 'Magritte-Pharo-Model' 'Magritte-Pharo-Seaside' 'Magritte-Seaside' 'MemoryAccess' 'Metacello-Core' 'Metacello-MC' 'Metacello-Platform' 'MorphicGames' 'MorphicPuzzle' 'MorphicWrappers' 'MuO' 'MuO39' 'Network-IRC' 'OB-Morphic' 'OB-Refactory' 'OB-Regex' 'OB-SUnitIntegration' 'OB-Shout' 'OMeta2-Postload' 'OMeta2-Preload' 'OSC' 'OSProcess' 'Ocompletion' 'OmniBrowser' 'People' 'Pier-Blog' 'Pier-Book' 'Pier-Documents' 'Pier-EditorEnh' 'Pier-Google' 'Pier-LinkChecker' 'Pier-Model' 'Pier-Pharo-Model' 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency' 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside' 'Pier-Seaside' 'Pier-Security' 'Pier-Setup' 'PluggableMemory' 'ProcessProperties' 'Prolog' 'Prototype-Core' 'Prototype-Tests-Core' 'REPLMorph' 'RSS-Core' 'RSS-Examples' 'RSS-Tests-Core' 'Refactoring-Core' 'Refactoring-Spelling' 'Regex' 'RoelTyper' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Scriptaculous-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Components' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Canvas' 'Seaside-Component' 'Seaside-Core' 'Seaside-Development' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-Environment' 'Seaside-Examples' 'Seaside-FileSystem' 'Seaside-Flow' 'Seaside-HTML5' 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Pharo-Canvas' 'Seaside-Pharo-Continuation' 'Seaside-Pharo-Core' 'Seaside-Pharo-Development' 'Seaside-Pharo-Email' 'Seaside-Pharo-Environment' 'Seaside-Pharo-Flow' 'Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-Pharo-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-RenderLoop' 'Seaside-Session' 'Seaside-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Tests-Adaptors-Comanche' 'Seaside-Tests-Canvas' 'Seaside-Tests-Component' 'Seaside-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Development' 'Seaside-Tests-Email' 'Seaside-Tests-Environment' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples' 'Seaside-Tests-FileSystem' 'Seaside-Tests-Flow' 'Seaside-Tests-Functional' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5' 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Continuation' 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Development' 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Functional' 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' 'Seaside-Tests-Session' 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Seaside-Tools-Core' 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Welcome' 'Seaside-Widgets' 'Services' 'SharedPool-Speech' 'Shout' 'ShoutWorkspace' 'SlangBrowser' 'SplitJoin' 'Sport' 'Star functions' 'StringFormat' 'Swazoo' 'TestBrowser' 'VB-Regex' 'VMConstruction-Plugins-AioPlugin' 'VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin' 'VMConstruction-Plugins-XDisplayControlPlugin' 'VMMaker').

I start a page on trying to write all I made
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159

Remember, the image is created and saved with John Cog Vm, I have working on Mac and Vista until now, no luck with Ubuntu, but sure my fault.

I must to do some quick dirty fixes for having the tall house of cards, put in the page for brave and deeper Squeakers take, refine and put in trunk

Must keep older builds into Experiments, or delete ?

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/22/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Hi Edgar

Thank you for putting this experimental image together.

I'm pleased to see BabySRE
(http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2004/babysre/BabySRE.pdf) of Trygve
Reenskaug loaded in there.

However I cannot access the halos of the morphs. They are locked. In
the Preferences Browser I was searching for 'halo' and then for 'lock'
but I did not find something suitable.

I assume the halos have been locked by some other project....

Regards
Hannes

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 9/23/10 2:59 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/22/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip
>
> Hi Edgar
>
> Thank you for putting this experimental image together.
>
> I'm pleased to see BabySRE
> (http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2004/babysre/BabySRE.pdf) of Trygve
> Reenskaug loaded in there.
>
> However I cannot access the halos of the morphs. They are locked. In
> the Preferences Browser I was searching for 'halo' and then for 'lock'
> but I did not find something suitable.
>
> I assume the halos have been locked by some other project....
>
> Regards
> Hannes

Weird...

In my Mac , the right button opens halo.
I have the BabyIDE image from Trygve, which is 3.10.
Try to port the Baby and all windows/examples to Fun.
Think my quick dirty fix for IconButton could work for export all
SystemWindows and load into Fun.
Also , as Alex Bergel is part of our café, he sends info about his last
Mondrian to our group.

If you use Pharo, do not miss this !!!!

Have Pharo 1.1 loaded and could figure out I need as pre-requisites
Announcements-StephaneDucasse.23 and ProfStef-Core-LaurentLaffont.12.
This two load and the tutorial of Stef should be into .9 of Fun
Unlucky us, also need Polymorph.
I have a Polymorph all.1 , 608k of Monticello, but do not loads .
Thinking in I must resurrect my old RemoteCommand.1.cs for conneting two
.images via TCP and send via DNU from Fun to Pharo and "learn" the missed
class/ methods back.

Sleepsless in Rosario :=)

On 9/23/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/23/10 2:59 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 9/22/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip
>>
>> Hi Edgar
>>
>> Thank you for putting this experimental image together.
>>
>> I'm pleased to see BabySRE
>> (http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2004/babysre/BabySRE.pdf) of Trygve
>> Reenskaug loaded in there.
>>
>> However I cannot access the halos of the morphs. They are locked. In
>> the Preferences Browser I was searching for 'halo' and then for 'lock'
>> but I did not find something suitable.
>>
>> I assume the halos have been locked by some other project....
>>
>> Regards
>> Hannes
>>

> Weird...
>
> In my Mac , the right button opens halo.

I still do not get the halos on Windows, however I did

   DemoEllipseSRE new openInWorld inspect

and then I get menu if I click on 'self'
   SREcollaboration and
   SRE object browser

So for the time beeing this is fine for analyzing object nets and
creating collaboration diagrams.

> I have the BabyIDE image from Trygve, which is 3.10.
> Try to port the Baby and all windows/examples to Fun.
> Think my quick dirty fix for IconButton could work for export all
> SystemWindows and load into Fun.
> Also , as Alex Bergel is part of our café, he sends info about his last
> Mondrian to our group.
>
> If you use Pharo, do not miss this !!!!
You mean Mondrian? Which version of Pharo? I have 1.1 (the release of
July, 26th 2010).

And I downloaded the most recent core.
http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

> Have Pharo 1.1 loaded and could figure out I need as pre-requisites
> Announcements-StephaneDucasse.23 and ProfStef-Core-LaurentLaffont.12.
> This two load and the tutorial of Stef should be into .9 of Fun

Yes, the ProfStef tutorial is very nice. It should be in FunSqueak.

> Unlucky us, also need Polymorph.

> I have a Polymorph all.1 , 608k of Monticello, but do not loads .

> Thinking in I must resurrect my old RemoteCommand.1.cs for conneting two
> .images via TCP and send via DNU from Fun to Pharo and "learn" the missed
> class/ methods back.
>
> Sleepsless in Rosario :=)

OK, so please have a rest.... - no need to hurry. :-)
We just need to properly keep track of things so that they can be
picked up easily two weeks or months later....

The easiest is well written emails with enough keywords so that we can
google for it.
(or wiki pages)

HJH

On 9/25/10 6:19 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean Mondrian? Which version of Pharo? I have 1.1 (the release of
> July, 26th 2010).

I test Mondrian with Pharo 1.1 as downloaded from his page.
Works nicely and and try to understand about Polymorph for have it in Fun.
Take me more time and not sure if could have Polymorph  in trunk.

> And I downloaded the most recent core.
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

Yes I have it also, Pharo is inspirational source of good things, but trunk
and my derived of it Fun and SqueakLight have wider target.

> The easiest is well written emails with enough keywords so that we can
> google for it.
> (or wiki pages)
>
> HJH

You don't miss http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159
Try to put more info for any could follow and give feedback

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar De Cleene

On 9/25/10 6:19 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean Mondrian? Which version of Pharo? I have 1.1 (the release of
> July, 26th 2010).

I test Mondrian with Pharo 1.1 as downloaded from his page.
Works nicely and and try to understand about Polymorph for have it in Fun.
Take me more time and not sure if could have Polymorph  in trunk.

> And I downloaded the most recent core.
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

Yes I have it also, Pharo is inspirational source of good things, but trunk
and my derived of it Fun and SqueakLight have wider target.

> The easiest is well written emails with enough keywords so that we can
> google for it.
> (or wiki pages)
>
> HJH

You don't miss http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159
Try to put more info for any could follow and give feedback

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
While checking out Connectors, I got the following errors in NCClassHierarchyDiagrammer class>>example1:
- PasteUpMorph DNU assuredGraphContext
- NCUpdatingNumericStringMorph is Undeclared

Also, is this the place to report bugs for FunSqueak?

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Also the Connectors flap is broken.  The objects are there, but the thumbnails and labels are not displayed correctly for many of them.  I started exploring but I'm out of time for now :(

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

On 9/26/10 9:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While checking out Connectors, I got the following errors in
> NCClassHierarchyDiagrammer class>>example1:
> - PasteUpMorph DNU assuredGraphContext
> - NCUpdatingNumericStringMorph is Undeclared
>
> Also, is this the place to report bugs for FunSqueak?
>
> Sean
Here is fine.
Or you have a page into wiki I try to enhance
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159
You found two Connectors related bugs, so I dig into older Connectos
packages for solve

Very thanks

On 9/26/10 10:31 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also the Connectors flap is broken.  The objects are there, but the
> thumbnails and labels are not displayed correctly for many of them.  I
> started exploring but I'm out of time for now :(
>
> Sean

So Connectors need more review...

Essential is the same as in 3.8, but los change in Squeak from 3.8 times.
Once i suggest have Connectors page in SqueakSource opened to all with
interest and was told Etoys people take Connectors as his project.

Wish know where is the up to date code for it.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar De Cleene

On 9/26/10 9:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While checking out Connectors, I got the following errors in
> NCClassHierarchyDiagrammer class>>example1:
> - PasteUpMorph DNU assuredGraphContext
> - NCUpdatingNumericStringMorph is Undeclared
>
> Also, is this the place to report bugs for FunSqueak?
>
> Sean
Here is fine.
Or you have a page into wiki I try to enhance
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159
You found two Connectors related bugs, so I dig into older Connectos
packages for solve

Very thanks

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar De Cleene

On 9/26/10 9:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While checking out Connectors, I got the following errors in
> NCClassHierarchyDiagrammer class>>example1:
> - PasteUpMorph DNU assuredGraphContext
> - NCUpdatingNumericStringMorph is Undeclared
>
> Also, is this the place to report bugs for FunSqueak?
>
> Sean
Here is fine.
Or you have a page into wiki I try to enhance
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159
You found two Connectors related bugs, so I dig into older Connectos
packages for solve

Very thanks

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Bert Freudenberg
On 27.09.2010, at 12:14, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 9/26/10 10:31 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Also the Connectors flap is broken.  The objects are there, but the
>> thumbnails and labels are not displayed correctly for many of them.  I
>> started exploring but I'm out of time for now :(
>>
>> Sean
>
> So Connectors need more review...
>
> Essential is the same as in 3.8, but los change in Squeak from 3.8 times.
> Once i suggest have Connectors page in SqueakSource opened to all with
> interest and was told Etoys people take Connectors as his project.
>
> Wish know where is the up to date code for it.

http://source.squeak.org/etoys.html

- Bert -

On 9/28/10 8:06 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Essential is the same as in 3.8, but los change in Squeak from 3.8 times.
>> Once i suggest have Connectors page in SqueakSource opened to all with
>> interest and was told Etoys people take Connectors as his project.
>>
>> Wish know where is the up to date code for it.
>
> http://source.squeak.org/etoys.html
>
> - Bert -

Ok, thanks.
I see lots of cool things in
http://source.squeak.org/etoys

Could put some of it on Fun also ?

On 9/28/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/28/10 8:06 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Essential is the same as in 3.8, but los change in Squeak from 3.8 times.
>>> Once i suggest have Connectors page in SqueakSource opened to all with
>>> interest and was told Etoys people take Connectors as his project.
>>>
>>> Wish know where is the up to date code for it.
>>
>> http://source.squeak.org/etoys.html
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Ok, thanks.
> I see lots of cool things in
> http://source.squeak.org/etoys
>
> Could put some of it on Fun also ?
>
> Edgar

Sure,

--Hannes

On 28.09.2010, at 15:56, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 9/28/10 8:06 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Essential is the same as in 3.8, but los change in Squeak from 3.8 times.
>>> Once i suggest have Connectors page in SqueakSource opened to all with
>>> interest and was told Etoys people take Connectors as his project.
>>>
>>> Wish know where is the up to date code for it.
>>
>> http://source.squeak.org/etoys.html
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Ok, thanks.
> I see lots of cool things in
> http://source.squeak.org/etoys
>
> Could put some of it on Fun also ?
>
> Edgar

Sure.

Etoys also comes with a lot of example projects, you might check them out if you have not seen it in a while.

- Bert -

On 9/29/10 6:44 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure.
>
> Etoys also comes with a lot of example projects, you might check them out if
> you have not seen it in a while.
>
> - Bert

Ok, I see mails about new Etoys , download it and check all.
Very thanks

Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Ken G. Brown
Edgar,
A pat on the back from me for your work on FunSqueak.
I haven't been able to have a look at it recently but intend to one day when I get a chance.
I think it is important to keep that old stuff available.
eg Connectors is something I definitely want to use at some point.

Thx!
Ken G. Brown

On 9/29/10 1:09 PM, "Ken G. Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar,
> A pat on the back from me for your work on FunSqueak.
> I haven't been able to have a look at it recently but intend to one day when I
> get a chance.
> I think it is important to keep that old stuff available.
> eg Connectors is something I definitely want to use at some point.
>
> Thx!
> Ken G. Brown

Working on it.
Connectors on Fun as now coming from the install of muO, like some others as
Regex, etc.

As said before, is almos the same we have in 3.8
Today i working in Bert link of Etoys, just discovering some differences
between trunk .image and Etoys.image.

Still fighting some fonts oddities
Preferences standardEToysFont is different and TextStyle actualTextStyles
seem working different

Its necessary for create the Connectors flaps with

    ConnectorsInfo createConnectorsFlaps.
    ConnectorsShapesInfo createConnectorsFlaps.
    ConnectorsBasicDistroInfo rebuildObjectsToolIcons.

Also when merging, loading or just try to unload old Connector .mcz have
image blowup coming on SystemWindowButton.

Thinking in go back to .4 stage (see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159) and
lAd and install Connector coming from etoys before and see if problems gone.

Edgar

12