[ANN] Updating Consultants Listing

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

I want to change it to
- not be a forward to files.pharo.org
- be auto-generated from the https://association.pharo.org

But we should update it already before that is finished. So:

If you want to be listed, please send your infos in the form:

PharoConsultant {
#name : Your name',
#id : 'yourname (currently not used for anything)',
#location : 'City, Country of your business',
#languages : 'what languages do you speak',
#industryExperienceSince : 1994,
#pharoExperienceSince : 2008,
#areasOfExpertise : 'what are your areas of expertise. E.g. business apllications, user interface, legacy, ...',
#smalltalkExperienceSince : 2002
}

Marcus

Re: [ANN] Updating Consultants Listing

SergeStinckwich
Consultants listed on this board are not gold association member like said here ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] Updating Consultants Listing

Marcus Denker-4
This is the next step. The association database has an API and we can auto-generate the list.

I wanted to not enforce membership manualy before this this is implemented.

It is important to bound it to something so it does not end up like the “companies using Smalltalk”
lis of ESUG, where entries are added but old ones *never* removed… as when you stop using
something you tend to not ask to be removed. I am sure some of the entries of the consultants
list are stale already.

With binding it to the association, people that leave the community will stop membership and thus
the list will be up to date automatically. And it is one the things that make sense to offer as part of
a membership.

Marcus

On 17 Jan 2018, at 17:27, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to change it to
- not be a forward to files.pharo.org

DONE: