[ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Davide Varvello
I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
soon.
I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).

Thanks
Davide

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!

Stef

On Jan 25, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Davide Varvello wrote:

> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).
>
> Thanks
> Davide

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

may be you should offer one lecture for free to make the reader excited :)

Stef

On Jan 25, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Davide Varvello wrote:

> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).

we do :)

> Thanks
> Davide

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Igor Stasenko
Italiano! :)
Narration is soo charming!

2010/1/25 Davide Varvello <[hidden email]>:

> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).
>
> Thanks
> Davide

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Davide Varvello
It was something we thought for a while, but we ended with a 5' free preview you can see at the link.
The main idea is to provide an extremely high quality course in terms of video quality and information quality.
Davide

Stéphane Ducasse wrote
may be you should offer one lecture for free to make the reader excited :)

Stef

On Jan 25, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Davide Varvello wrote:

> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).

we do :)

> Thanks
> Davide

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Stéphane Ducasse
> It was something we thought for a while, but we ended with a 5' free preview
> you can see at the link.
> The main idea is to provide an extremely high quality course in terms of
> video quality and information quality.

Excellent idea!
When I see the amount of money pragmatic programmers seem to be doing with
videos :)

Re: [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Geert Claes
Administrator
Yep, do let us know when the English version is available!

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Davide Varvello
Yep :-)
Davide

Thanks :-)
Davide

Igor Stasenko wrote
Italiano! :)
Narration is soo charming!

2010/1/25 Davide Varvello <varvello@yahoo.com>:
> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).
>
> Thanks
> Davide

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Davide Varvello
Of course.
Davide

laurent laffont wrote
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Davide Varvello <varvello@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first video
> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
> soon.
> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).
>
> Thanks
> Davide

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

laurent laffont
Davide,

If you want to change something, tell me.

Cheers

Laurent.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Davide Varvello <[hidden email]> wrote:

Of course.
Davide

laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I put the  preview on http://pharocasts.blogspot.com   with  a link to
> your website ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent
>

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Davide Varvello <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I apologize for this brief announcement, but I'm really happy to tell you
>> that I've been working on a video course on Smalltalk. Now the first
>> video
>> is available and all the lessons can be pre-ordered here
>> http://it.thinkcode.tv/catalogo/programmare-in-smalltalk/
>> Actually the course is in Italian, but there will be an English version
>> soon.
>> I mainly use Pharo so the community should be happy :-).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Davide

Re: [ANN] Video Course on Smalltalk

Davide Varvello
Probably Q1 2010. Davide
Geert Claes wrote
Yep, do let us know when the English version is available!