[ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

[ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

EstebanLM
Hi,

I worked a bit on voyage today to update the configuration for 2.0 (it was working, but not with the latest versions).
I also finished a small tutorial I was working on, in the form of a blog:

http://smallworks.com.ar/web/blog/2013-06-14-voyage-the-adventure

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks esteban I will convert the blog into a draft chapter so that olivier can help documenting it too.

Stef

On Jun 14, 2013, at 4:01 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I worked a bit on voyage today to update the configuration for 2.0 (it was working, but not with the latest versions).
> I also finished a small tutorial I was working on, in the form of a blog:
>
> http://smallworks.com.ar/web/blog/2013-06-14-voyage-the-adventure
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

Bernat Romagosa
Great!

I'll read it first thing on Monday :)

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

Stéphane Ducasse
Here is a pierified version that is now available on the PharoForTheEntreprise git repository.

Stef

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Voyage.pier.pdf (161K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

EstebanLM
cool :)

thanks Stef

Esteban

On Jun 15, 2013, at 7:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is a pierified version that is now available on the PharoForTheEntreprise git repository.

Stef
<Voyage.pier.pdf>

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

S Krish
Really Nice..

Guess a typo, unless I miss something here..
anAssociation := #answer->42.
anAssociation save.

This will generate a collection named “point” in your database, with a document with the

It generates collection named "Association" or the class name..

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

S Krish
isVoyageRoot

. why not let any object class be allowed to default as a root, or use simpler implicit method call to set any object class as root/ rather than introduce a class method..

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Voyage updated to 2.0 and blog post

philippeback
Cool to have the text indeed.

Not sure that "...and to fist stage developments" would make those developments any good...

How hard would it be to have a Riak backend for Voyage? (As we do have Phriak to do the low level work).

Nicolas Oak and Esteban Voyage. Hmm, confusing options...

Phil

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller

--
Bernat Romagosa.