[ANN] WKHTML2PDF for Pharo

Torsten Bergmann
Need an easy way to convert HTML into PDF for printing? The project
http://wkhtmltopdf.org can help you here.

If you want to use it from Pharo just check out:

   http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/WKHTML2PDF

This project allows you to easily use the library. First select the
engine:

  HTML2PDFConverter useExecutable.

or

  HTML2PDFConverter useLibrary.

and then convert:

  HTML2PDFConverter
        convert: 'http://www.pharo.org'
        toFile: 'pharo.pdf'

to get a printable version of the Pharo homepage. As ever docu is on the
STHub project website.

It uses NativeBoost to call the library and OSProcess to call the
executable.

Bye
T.

Re: [ANN] WKHTML2PDF for Pharo

philippeback
Very interesting (especially for when we do have lots of tables and colors, which I do happen to have a lot :-) ).

Now, is it working on Linux?

Phil

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

HilaireFernandes
Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: [ANN] WKHTML2PDF for Pharo

Torsten Bergmann
>Very interesting (especially for when we do have lots of tables and colors, which I do happen to have a lot :-) ).

Yes, combined with Mustache for templates it is a nice reporting solution.

>Now, is it working on Linux?

Havent tried, but should be possible out of the box

Bye
T.

Re: [ANN] WKHTML2PDF for Pharo

Hannes Hirzel
wkhtmltopdf runs fine on Linux; I have not tested it with Pharo though.

Can anybody confirm that it works with Pharo on Linux?

--Hannes