ANN: Windows Shell packages

1 message Options

ANN: Windows Shell packages

Louis Sumberg-2
This is a repeat of a 4 September post that apparently does not appear on
many news servers:

I'm pleased to announce a set of Windows Shell packages are now available.
The download and documentation can be found at:
    http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/shell

As stated on the webpage, Windows Shell is a number of packages that expose
some of the Windows Shell functionality to the Dolphin programmer. This
allows folders and files, including those on local and network drives, and
those that are virtual, such as the Recycle Bin and shortcuts, to be
navigated to, accessed, monitored, and acted upon. This project is the
result of a collaboration between Louis Sumberg and Steve Waring.

It is released as Public Domain Freeware and under the BSD license.

Features:
    - Access to objects - files and folders, real and virtual - in the
Windows Shell namespace.
    - Ability to monitor file and folder changes by registering for Shell
Notification events.
    - Drag-drop between the Shell and other Windows applications.
    - Capability to move files and folders to the Recycle Bin when deleting
them.
    - Developed for both Win2K/XP and Win9X versions of the ShellLibrary.
    - Shell Explorer - a Windows Explorer clone - and other samples that
demonstrate the use of these packages.

To this I'll add my thanks to Steve for working on this project.  From a
point where I was stumped, we joined forces and produced a working version
within a few weeks.  Since then each of us has found use for Shell
navigation and monitoring in our own applications.

Note that these are Dolphin 5 packages.  Note too that there's a good amount
of documentation - at the package, class and method level, that explains how
things work and how to use what's there.  If you have any questions or
feedback, be sure to contact either of us directly or via the newsgroup.

-- Louis Sumberg - [hidden email]
-- Steve Waring - [hidden email]