[ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

[ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Torsten Bergmann
I wrote a small article on Medium on how to setup the Pi
with a touch screen and Pharo:

https://medium.com/@astares/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21#.gw72pe7uy

Hope one or the other might be interested.

Have fun
T.

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

stepharo
Torsten

This is a cool resources. I blogged about it. Now you have the pharo
image terribly blurry the first time you show pharo running

STef
Le 25/10/15 16:47, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> I wrote a small article on Medium on how to setup the Pi
> with a touch screen and Pharo:
>
> https://medium.com/@astares/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21#.gw72pe7uy
>
> Hope one or the other might be interested.
>
> Have fun
> T.

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

stepharo
Ok this is the hotel network the problem

Le 25/10/15 18:25, stepharo a écrit :

> Torsten
>
> This is a cool resources. I blogged about it. Now you have the pharo
> image terribly blurry the first time you show pharo running
>
> STef
> Le 25/10/15 16:47, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :
>> I wrote a small article on Medium on how to setup the Pi
>> with a touch screen and Pharo:
>>
>> https://medium.com/@astares/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21#.gw72pe7uy
>>
>> Hope one or the other might be interested.
>>
>> Have fun
>> T.

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Ben Coman
Thanks Torsten. This is a great write up.
I think there is real opportunity here, someone is introduced to one
thing new (a Pi), they are receptive to being introduced to a second
new thing (Pharo) at the same time.  And often it will be an
individual decision that doesn't need to compete with corporate
doctrine to use Java or Microsoft - but once they are exposed, usage
may drift back into their corporate work.

Maybe the next book could be: Pi/BeagleBone + Pharo + PharROS +
Phratch + some accessories + a bit of electronics design.

btw, a small grammar correction...
> Now we want that the Pi starts this command
Now we want the Pi to start this command

cheers -ben