ANN: alpha version of MVP code/view generator

ANN: alpha version of MVP code/view generator

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

The more adventurous among you might want to try the following:

  http://needle.anest.ufl.edu/anest4/bills/MVPGeneratorsBase.zip

The generator class has an example method that should get you started.
Don't try this in your only copy of several months work though.  I _think_
it's ok, but, no warranties (and no sympathy either if if you don't backup
first<g>).

I'm particularly interested in suggestions for how the ChunkWriter should
work.  It does the job so far, but, I'm sure there must be a better way to
approach the problem.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: alpha version of MVP code/view generator

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

Thanks to Ian for commenting on the view generator

   http://needle.anest.ufl.edu/anest4/bills/MVPGeneratorsBase.zip

He had some very interesting ideas that I will very likely use in the code
that I have based on this package, and might retrofit into the base package
itself.  He also had some interesting questions about the target audience
etc.

The package as-is is unlikely to be useful to newbies, though one that would
serve them could be created with it.  It's really intended as a starting
point for experienced Dolphin users having to build complex composite
presenters.  For example, you might write some code to generate presenters
for each of the published aspects of a class.  In my case, it was a
data-driven problem that lead me to try to automate all of the
dragging/dropping/editing for what is likely to climb into hundreds of
aspects =:0

Enjoy!

Bill

--