[ANN] for P7, default VM for linux moved to threaded

[ANN] for P7, default VM for linux moved to threaded

EstebanLM
Hi,

I made default vm for linux (for P7) the default VM.

I also updated zeroconf to add a new type of download for linux: the explicit iTimer heartbeat download.

So, for P7, if you download the default stable VM… it will be a threaded VM. Take that into account :)

Esteban

Re: [ANN] for P7, default VM for linux moved to threaded

Stephane Ducasse-3
What are the implications?

Stef

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made default vm for linux (for P7) the default VM.
>
> I also updated zeroconf to add a new type of download for linux: the explicit iTimer heartbeat download.
>

> So, for P7, if you download the default stable VM… it will be a threaded VM. Take that into account :)
>
> Esteban

Re: [ANN] for P7, default VM for linux moved to threaded

EstebanLM
usually, you will not notice a problem.
but threaded is needed for Iceberg and OSSubprocess to work :(

Esteban