[ANN] freezing Pharo 8.0 development

1 message Options

[ANN] freezing Pharo 8.0 development

EstebanLM
Hi,

After talk about current situation of P8 development, we decided we have already a version that is very stable (with some remaining problems, we know) and we think this is something we can release before start the new batch of breaking changes (move to headless vm by default, new object centric debugger, etc, etc, etc.)

So, I am declaring the development status on “code freeze” and we will start working on stabilisation hoping to have a releasable version by end December, beginning of January (yes, this will be a short cycle, but that will allow us to make some iterations needed without the pressure of releasing on April).

Enjoy,
Esteban