[ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

12

[ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Steinert, Bastian
Dear Squeakers,

I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.

This website hosts selected Squeak projects that have been developed
during teaching and research activities at the Software Architecture
Group (led by Robert Hirschfeld).

To date we provide seven projects including an UI Builder for Morphic.

For each project, we prepared Metacello configurations (package
management), which eases installation and hopefully encourages
you trying out these projects.  All configurations were tested and run
in the current Squeak (Trunk) versions (4.1, 4.2).

The announced website is an instance of the Trace project management
software that particularly allows for issue/bug tracking.

On behalf of our group, special thanks go to the volunteers who
contributed to this website and helped preparing these projects for
release: Tim Felgentreff, Tobias Mohr, Tobias Pape, Marcel Taeumel.

Enjoy, and best regards,
Bastian Steinert

on behalf of the

Software Architecture Group
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld

Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH, Potsdam
Prof-Dr-Helmert-Str. 2-3
D-14482 Potsdam, Germany

Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Edgar De Cleene

On 12/1/10 8:02 AM, "Steinert, Bastian"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Squeakers,
>
> I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.
>
> This website hosts selected Squeak projects that have been developed
> during teaching and research activities at the Software Architecture
> Group (led by Robert Hirschfeld).
>
> To date we provide seven projects including an UI Builder for Morphic.
>
> For each project, we prepared Metacello configurations (package
> management), which eases installation and hopefully encourages
> you trying out these projects.  All configurations were tested and run
> in the current Squeak (Trunk) versions (4.1, 4.2).
>
> The announced website is an instance of the Trace project management
> software that particularly allows for issue/bug tracking.
>
> On behalf of our group, special thanks go to the volunteers who
> contributed to this website and helped preparing these projects for
> release: Tim Felgentreff, Tobias Mohr, Tobias Pape, Marcel Taeumel.
>
> Enjoy, and best regards,
> Bastian Steinert
>
> on behalf of the
>
> Software Architecture Group
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld
>
> Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH, Potsdam
> Prof-Dr-Helmert-Str. 2-3
> D-14482 Potsdam, Germany
>
> Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

Just looking for trying.
Very thanks for the work and share this.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Herbert König
Hello Bastian,

interesting projects, though I obviously havent looked at more than
teh descriptions yet.
SB> I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
SB> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.

This still links to a https connection which Firefox reports as
untrusted.

Cheers,

Herbert

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Squeakers,
>
> I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.
>
> This website hosts selected Squeak projects that have been developed
> during teaching and research activities at the Software Architecture
> Group (led by Robert Hirschfeld).
>
> To date we provide seven projects including an UI Builder for Morphic.

In
https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/
designer , the code about how load it gives me errors about pre
-dependencies.

I copy here:

(Installer mc http:
'http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource/')
   project: 'MetacelloRepository';
   install: 'ConfigurationOfDesigner'.
"Last stable version"
ConfigurationOfDesigner load.
"Latest head version"
(ConfigurationOfDesigner project version: 'head') load.

I choose ignore it an have this as undefined

On Squeak4.2-10728-alpha the undeclared is #(#UiMessageListDialog #SBAction
#SBMenu #SignalMethodWrapper #CtTextBackgroundColor)

I like test all and see if could be part of next FunSqueak if ok for you at
Potsdam

Regards
Edgar

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

ccrraaiigg

     Wonderful!

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

garduino
Excellent, thanks by share!

2010/12/1 Craig Latta <[hidden email]>:

>     Wonderful!
>

> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> + 31 020 894 6247
> +  1 415 287 3547

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Bert Freudenberg
Awesome projeccts! Way to go, guys!

On 01.12.2010, at 11:24, Herbert König wrote:

> Hello Bastian,
>
> interesting projects, though I obviously havent looked at more than
> teh descriptions yet.
> SB> I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
> SB> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.
>
> This still links to a https connection which Firefox reports as
> untrusted.

Possibly the "SSLCertificateChainFile" is not complete on the server:

https://www.pki.dfn.de/faqpki/faqpki-mozilla/#c13308

- Bert -

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

gerard alis
waoo I did see a wonderful ui designer and widgets!!

https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/designer

It really looks very professional. I made a user interface builder for Polymorph, which I left because I was too complicated for me. I hope that now someone more knowledgeable can really necessary to implement a tool for Squeak / Pharo as a visual designer user interfaces.

Regards :>

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-12-01 um 11:24 schrieb Herbert König:
> Hello Bastian,
>
> interesting projects, though I obviously havent looked at more than
> teh descriptions yet.
> SB> I am happy to announce our new Squeak projects website at
> SB> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects.
>
> This still links to a https connection which Firefox reports as
> untrusted.

Should be trustet, Its a DFN-cert[1] with a Telekom Root Cert,
wich, as of [2], should be included in your Firefox.

HTH

So Long,
        -Tobias

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsches_Forschungsnetz
[2] http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ttwCVzDVuWzZYaDosdU6e3w&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Tobias Pape
Dear Edgar,
Am 2010-12-01 um 11:40 schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:

> https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/
> designer , the code about how load it gives me errors about pre
> -dependencies.
>
> […]
>
> I choose ignore it an have this as undefined
>
> On Squeak4.2-10728-alpha the undeclared is #(#UiMessageListDialog #SBAction
> #SBMenu #SignalMethodWrapper #CtTextBackgroundColor)

Please update your Trunk image before trying again.
Designer needs updates just integrated some weeks before.

So Long,
        -Tobias

On 12/1/10 9:55 AM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please update your Trunk image before trying again.
> Designer needs updates just integrated some weeks before.
>
> So Long,
> -Tobias

Well, i think have updated as number is 10728.
The ¨missed" classes seems all part of the package they working on.
Maybe forgot includes some as the load scripst is comples, loads Installer
which install Gofer which install Metacello and then goes for the code.

Don't kill the messenger please...

Edgar

Am 2010-12-01 um 12:12 schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:

> On 12/1/10 9:55 AM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Please update your Trunk image before trying again.
>> Designer needs updates just integrated some weeks before.
>>
>> So Long,
>> -Tobias
>

> Well, i think have updated as number is 10728.
> The ¨missed" classes seems all part of the package they working on.
> Maybe forgot includes some as the load scripst is comples, loads Installer
> which install Gofer which install Metacello and then goes for the code.
>
> Don't kill the messenger please...

Can you rephrase?
I cannot understand you.

So Long,
        -Tobias

On 12/1/10 10:15 AM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 2010-12-01 um 12:12 schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:
>>

>> On 12/1/10 9:55 AM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Please update your Trunk image before trying again.
>>> Designer needs updates just integrated some weeks before.
>>>
>>> So Long,
>>> -Tobias
>>

>> Well, i think have updated as number is 10728.
>> The ¨missed" classes seems all part of the package they working on.
>> Maybe forgot includes some as the load scripst is comples, loads Installer
>> which install Gofer which install Metacello and then goes for the code.
>>
>> Don't kill the messenger please...
>>

> Can you rephrase?
> I cannot understand you.
>
> So Long,
> -Tobias

I just check and the "now" Trunk is 10728.
I try the code on the page.
===

(Installer mc http:
'http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource/')
   project: 'MetacelloRepository';
   install: 'ConfigurationOfDesigner'.
"Last stable version"
ConfigurationOfDesigner load.
"Latest head version"
(ConfigurationOfDesigner project version: 'head') load.

===

This code on trunk loads Gofer and Metacello.
Then this code try to loads the code on his repositories with
ConfigurationOfDesigner
You gets warnings about missed dependencies
I choose ignore the warning and have the "missed" classes , all from the
package.

It's enough clear ?

And I was on irc and on Skype as edgardec, just in case

Edgar

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Tim Felgentreff

The image update number is not the problem. You get those missing
dependencies if you first run

        ConfigurationOfDesigner load.

and then

        (ConfigurationOfDesigner project version: 'head') load.

later on. (You should only run one of the two).
To fix it, run this:

        (ConfigurationOfWidgets project version: 'head') load.
        (ConfigurationOfSignals project version: 'head') load.
        (ConfigurationOfDesigner project version: 'head') load.

Apparently, Metacello seems to think that the previously loaded, stable
versions of the Designer's dependencies need not be updated.
This worked for me.

- -Tim

On 12/01/2010 01:15 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Am 2010-12-01 um 12:12 schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:
>>

>> On 12/1/10 9:55 AM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Please update your Trunk image before trying again.
>>> Designer needs updates just integrated some weeks before.
>>>
>>> So Long,
>>> -Tobias
>>

>> Well, i think have updated as number is 10728.
>> The ¨missed" classes seems all part of the package they working on.
>> Maybe forgot includes some as the load scripst is comples, loads Installer
>> which install Gofer which install Metacello and then goes for the code.
>>
>> Don't kill the messenger please...
>>

> Can you rephrase?
> I cannot understand you.
>
> So Long,
> -Tobias

RE: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Ron Teitelbaum

Very cool!

Ron Teitelbaum

Re[2]: [squeak-dev] [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Herbert König
Hello Tobias,

TP> Should be trustet, Its a DFN-cert[1] with a Telekom Root Cert,
TP> wich, as of [2], should be included in your Firefox.

for whatever reason a freshly installed Firefox 3.6.12 on a different
computer has the same problem. Same with 3.5.16.

Usually I use Opera which doesn't have the problem.

Eager to try the projects tonight.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Herbert

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Tim Felgentreff

Re: [ANN] new Squeak Projects website (UI Builder, ...) at Software Architecture Group

Tobias Pape

> Firefox Nightly, too, doesn't include the DFN certificate.
>
> On 12/01/2010 03:04 PM, Herbert König wrote:
>> Hello Tobias,
>>
>> TP> Should be trustet, Its a DFN-cert[1] with a Telekom Root Cert,
>> TP> wich, as of [2], should be included in your Firefox.
>>
>> for whatever reason a freshly installed Firefox 3.6.12 on a different
>> computer has the same problem. Same with 3.5.16.
>>
>> Usually I use Opera which doesn't have the problem.
>>
>> Eager to try the projects tonight.
>>
>> Thanks for sharing!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Herbert

This seems strange, after all.
Safari and Chrome don't seem to have the problem.
I attached a screen shot of what the cert-chain look
like on my safari.

So Long,
        -Tobias

Bildschirmfoto 2010-12-01 um 15.12.51.png (89K) Download Attachment
PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

On 01.12.2010, at 15:14, Tobias Pape wrote:

>> Firefox Nightly, too, doesn't include the DFN certificate.
>>
>> On 12/01/2010 03:04 PM, Herbert König wrote:
>>> Hello Tobias,

>>> for whatever reason a freshly installed Firefox 3.6.12 on a different
>>> computer has the same problem. Same with 3.5.16.
>>>
>>> Usually I use Opera which doesn't have the problem.
>>>
>>> Eager to try the projects tonight.
>>>
>>> Thanks for sharing!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Herbert
>

> This seems strange, after all.
> Safari and Chrome don't seem to have the problem.
> I attached a screen shot of what the cert-chain look
> like on my safari.

Seems you missed my earlier mail.

Firefox does include the root certificate:

        http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/included/#T-Systems

But your server needs to send out the complete certificate chain, including the DFN certificate. See FAQ #7: