[ANN] new config versions for Seaside30, Grease, Magritte2, Pier2, Pier2AddOns

1 message Options

[ANN] new config versions for Seaside30, Grease, Magritte2, Pier2, Pier2AddOns

Dale Henrichs
If you haven't seen the announcement that I posted on the Seaside,
Pharo, and Pier mailing lists then you can check it out here:

http://forum.world.st/ANN-new-config-versions-for-Seaside30-Grease-Magritte2-Pier2-Pier2AddOns-td2287876.html#a2287876

As I mention in that mail, we are in the last few steps before releasing
GemStone/S 64 2.4.4.1 where we finally support Seaside 3.0, Magritte2,
and Pier2.

In the next few days I will be updating the wiki with Seaside 3.0
specific information, but you'll have to keep in mind the fact that that
information will largely apply to 2.4.4.1.

At this point in time the level of development tool support is pretty
close to the available in Seaside2.8:

   remote debugging (no continue from remote debugger, yet)
   object log tool
   maintenance vm tasks ... allowing you to control timing and tasks
     performed by maintenance vm
   runSeasideGems30 family of scripts can be configured from within
     Smalltalk, so you don't have to edit the scripts themselves to
     switch between Swazoo and FastCGI or to change the ports/number
     of vms launched by the script.
   workspaces automatically added into Seassion Workspaces for Seaside3.0
     and Pier2 that have some useful expressions.

I appreciate your patience,

Dale