[ANN] pharo-vm on ubuntu updated

NorbertHartl
There are new pharo vms (non-spur) available with updated sources. As a side effect the pharo vm is now available on ubuntu 16.04 LTS as well. The created vms are in the unstable channel of the pharo ppa. It would be good if a few people could test the packages. If nothing is broken with the packages I can move them to the stable channel.

To test the packages you need to do:

$ apt-add-respository ppa:pharo/unstable
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get install pharo-vm-core

or

$ apt-get install pharo-vm-desktop

I hope the packages for the spur vm don't take a long time to come along as well.

Happy to get feedback,

Norbert

Re: [ANN] pharo-vm on ubuntu updated

Rene Paul Mages (ramix)

Le 10/06/2016 18:52, Norbert Hartl a écrit :
> There are new pharo vms (non-spur) available with updated sources. As a side effect the pharo vm is now available on ubuntu 16.04 LTS as well. The created vms are in the unstable channel of the pharo ppa. It would be good if a few people could test the packages. If nothing is broken with the packages I can move them to the stable channel.
>
> To test the packages you need to do:

A typo here :

> $ apt-add-respository ppa:pharo/unstable

add-apt-repository ppa:pharo/unstable

--
All the best
Rene Paul Mages ( GnuPG_key 1024D/2CC455D9 )
http://www.linux-azur.org/ramix

Re: [ANN] pharo-vm on ubuntu updated

melkyades

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Rene Paul Mages (ramix) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Le 10/06/2016 18:52, Norbert Hartl a écrit :
> There are new pharo vms (non-spur) available with updated sources. As a side effect the pharo vm is now available on ubuntu 16.04 LTS as well. The created vms are in the unstable channel of the pharo ppa. It would be good if a few people could test the packages. If nothing is broken with the packages I can move them to the stable channel.

Thanks! Most tests pass with Pharo 4 in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bits. For reference I put the failing ones at the bottom of this mail.

> To test the packages you need to do:

A typo here :

> $ apt-add-respository ppa:pharo/unstable

add-apt-repository ppa:pharo/unstable

both commands work, the first is an alias to the sencond.

> $ apt-get update
> $ apt-get install pharo-vm-core

--
All the best
Rene Paul Mages ( GnuPG_key 1024D/2CC455D9 )
http://www.linux-azur.org/ramix

Cheers,
Javier

========

12632 run, 12584 passes, 20 skipped, 41 expected failures, 5 failures, 2 errors, 0 unexpected passes
Failures:
ReleaseTest>>#testUnknownProcesses
ZnHTTPSTests>>#testGetPharoVersion
BlockClosureTest>>#testTrace
FileHandleTest(FileSystemHandleTest)>>#testTruncate
UDPSocketEchoTest>>#testEcho

Errors:
ZnEasyTests>>#testGetJpeg
ZnClientTests>>#testIfModifiedSinceNotModified

--
Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires