[ANN] script.aculo.us

Lukas Renggli
Hi,

lately I fixed a couple of bugs in script.aculo.us. I also brought
back the InPlaceEditor, that was somehow lost in the process and that
a lot of people missed. I also uploaded the latest version of
script.aculo.us to seasidehosting.st to be up-to date:

http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/

I tested the latest version on IE 6, FireFox 1.5 and Safari 2.0, they
seem to work all fine.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Philippe Marschall
> I tested the latest version on IE 6, FireFox 1.5 and Safari 2.0, they
> seem to work all fine.

Add Opera 9 to that.

Philippe

Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Sophie424
>From: "Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]>
> lately I fixed a couple of bugs in script.aculo.us. I also brought
> back the InPlaceEditor, that was somehow lost in the process and that
> a lot of people missed. I also uploaded the latest version of
> script.aculo.us to seasidehosting.st to be up-to date:
>
> http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/

Is this also version lr.126 in Monticello? I tried that version and the demo
does not quite work like the http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/ version
e.g. Periodical and AutoCompleter don't work.

Or should I be updating from somewhere other than Monticello?

Sorry for all the questions ...

Re: Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Lukas Renggli
> Is this also version lr.126 in Monticello? I tried that version and the demo
> does not quite work like the http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/ version
> e.g. Periodical and AutoCompleter don't work.

Exactly, but you need the latest version of Seaside, this is
Seaside2.6b1-rjl.69.mcz.

> Or should I be updating from somewhere other than Monticello?

No, this is the only place with the latest Seaside related code.

> Sorry for all the questions ...

No problem.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Sophie424
> Exactly, but you need the latest version of Seaside, this is
> Seaside2.6b1-rjl.69.mcz.

That works, thanks.

Any pointer to ways to trim down the image? I started with Squeak3.8 at 18M
and with all the updates and image-saves it is already up to 28M :(  ...
Google yielded quite a lot but I'm not sure where to start. I have lots of
flaps, morphic stuff, and who knows what else that I could do without

Re: Re: Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Lukas Renggli
> Any pointer to ways to trim down the image? I started with Squeak3.8 at 18M
> and with all the updates and image-saves it is already up to 28M :(  ...
> Google yielded quite a lot but I'm not sure where to start. I have lots of
> flaps, morphic stuff, and who knows what else that I could do without

Usually it helps to evaluate the following commands in a workspace:

" clear the monticello caches "
MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches.

" clear all the sessions "
WARegistry clearAllHandlers.

" do a full garbage collect "
Smalltalk garbageCollect.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Chun, Sungjin
Cool!

But I found few bugs;

only). If you select other method it does not display source for it.
Even worse, if you select other category, method list pane disappears.

2. In place edit does work well. But the slider does not work again.

All this bug is found at http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/ .

Hope this can help you (fixing bugs) :-).

On Aug 6, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> lately I fixed a couple of bugs in script.aculo.us. I also brought
> back the InPlaceEditor, that was somehow lost in the process and that
> a lot of people missed. I also uploaded the latest version of
> script.aculo.us to seasidehosting.st to be up-to date:
>
> http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/
>
> I tested the latest version on IE 6, FireFox 1.5 and Safari 2.0, they
> seem to work all fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: [ANN] script.aculo.us

Lukas Renggli

> only). If you select other method it does not display source for it.
> Even worse, if you select other category, method list pane disappears.

and I always thought nobody is using Safari :-/

This is a bug in Safari that has been there for a long time and I
don't know how to make a workaround with script.aculo.us. The latest
nightly build of the WebKit that you can download from
http://webkit.opendarwin.org/ works though, let's hope that Apple soon
updates the official version.

> 2. In place edit does work well. But the slider does not work again.

It works for me in Safari 2.0.4, it sometimes did not in earlier
versions. It is known that the slider has some problems, check the
bugs on the script.aculo.us bug-tracking system. I think this problem
is not related to Seaside.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Cleaning a Seaside image

Damien Cassou-3
Lukas Renggli gave the following answer to itsme213: