[ANN] - statsd client

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

I wanted to graph timing and event tallies that happen in my app without
doing much log processing so I made a statsd client and put it here:

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Statsd.html

It sends UDP datagrams to the statsd daemon.  I tested it in Squeak
trunk & Pharo-1.4 (it should work in older versions) and expect to port
it to Gemstone sometime soon.  It has no dependencies so could be useful
for more than just Seaside stuff.

thanks

Paul

statsd: https://github.com/etsy/statsd
statsd is: "A network daemon that runs on the Node.js platform and
listens for statistics, like counters and timers, sent over UDP and
sends aggregates to one or more pluggable backend services (e.g.,
Graphite)".

graphite: http://graphite.wikidot.com/
Graphite is: "Graphite is a highly scalable real-time graphing system.
As a user, you write an application that collects numeric time-series
data that you are interested in graphing, and send it to Graphite's
processing backend, carbon, which stores the data in Graphite's
specialized database. The data can then be visualized through graphite's
web interfaces."

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] - statsd client

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Cool !

Any actual pictures of your app/stats ?

On 06 Sep 2012, at 16:45, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I wanted to graph timing and event tallies that happen in my app without doing much log processing so I made a statsd client and put it here:
>
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Statsd.html
>
> It sends UDP datagrams to the statsd daemon.  I tested it in Squeak trunk & Pharo-1.4 (it should work in older versions) and expect to port it to Gemstone sometime soon.  It has no dependencies so could be useful for more than just Seaside stuff.
>
> thanks
>
> Paul
>

> statsd: https://github.com/etsy/statsd
> statsd is: "A network daemon that runs on the Node.js platform and listens for statistics, like counters and timers, sent over UDP and sends aggregates to one or more pluggable backend services (e.g., Graphite)".
>
> graphite: http://graphite.wikidot.com/
> Graphite is: "Graphite is a highly scalable real-time graphing system. As a user, you write an application that collects numeric time-series data that you are interested in graphing, and send it to Graphite's processing backend, carbon, which stores the data in Graphite's specialized database. The data can then be visualized through graphite's web interfaces."

Re: [ANN] - statsd client

fstephany
Thanks Paul,
This was somewhere on my "todo/wish list" :)

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225