[ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

[ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

NorbertHartl
I'm sorry I forgot to post this much earlier. Anyway….

We are proud to add another success story to the pharo portfolio

It is an operation planning tool for an eye surgery clinic. The core system is pharo4 and voyage (using mongo). The user interface is done with seaside. It interfaces with a legacy patient information system, microsoft exchange and other stuff in order to orchestrate the arrangement of surgery dates. The tool automates planning (which doctor works on which day and has still time to do the operation,….). Finalized plans are produced in PDF an printed by the staff.

This as a short info. If you have question don't hesitate to ask.

Implanting more pharo everywhere :)

Norbert

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 22 Jun 2017, at 14:40, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry I forgot to post this much earlier. Anyway….
>
> We are proud to add another success story to the pharo portfolio
>
> http://zweidenker.de/en/project/operationstermine-digitalisiert
>
> It is an operation planning tool for an eye surgery clinic. The core system is pharo4 and voyage (using mongo). The user interface is done with seaside. It interfaces with a legacy patient information system, microsoft exchange and other stuff in order to orchestrate the arrangement of surgery dates. The tool automates planning (which doctor works on which day and has still time to do the operation,….). Finalized plans are produced in PDF an printed by the staff.

Very nice, well done !

> This as a short info. If you have question don't hesitate to ask.

Yes, what's up with the hipster photographs at http://zweidenker.de/en/about-us ?
Just kidding, nice website !

> Implanting more pharo everywhere :)
>
> Norbert

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Tudor Girba-2
Nice work!

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Ben Coman

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
It interfaces with a legacy patient information system, microsoft exchange and other stuff in order to orchestrate the arrangement of surgery dates. The tool automates planning (which doctor works on which day and has still time to do the operation,….). Finalized plans are produced in PDF an printed by the staff.

This as a short info. If you have question don't hesitate to ask.

Implanting more pharo everywhere :)

Great to hear of your success here.

There must be a massive market like this...   "Unfortunately XXX didn't offer a proper interface, so we had to dive into the depths of their data base for reverse engineering, to be able to reconstruct functionalities"
and if Pharo's liveness helped in this reverse engineering, that would make a great marketing blog post fro you and Pharo... "How a niche language gives us the superpowers to do what others can't."  hehe...

cheers -ben

RES: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

CdAB63
Nice work !!!
Will forward to Adilson Hira [hidden email] , who works in the field of public health systems.

Best regards,

Casimiro Barreto

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 22 de junho de 2017 11:58
Para: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
Assunto: Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Am 22.06.2017 um 17:43 schrieb Ben Coman <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Indeed the market is huge. Pharo was of help here but would have been a huge help if an oracle driver would have been existed. The biggest problem so far is that it seems they managed to get mixed character encoding in their database. That is close to impossible to solve.

Am 22.06.2017 um 14:45 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

[...]

thanks!

Norbert

Implanting more pharo everywhere :)

Norbert

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

andrewglynn

It occurred to me that with the C++ support in Pharo 6 it might be relatively easy to use this driver https://github.com/vrogier/ocilib to connect to Oracle.  I will look into it over the weekend.

Andrew Glynn

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Ben Coman

Pharo doesn't support C++ directly because of issues with name mangling. For C++ you need something like SWIG. See Ronie's insightful comments here...
http://forum.world.st/SWIG-for-Native-Boost-FFI-td4738511.html

However OCILIB describes itself as "written in pure ISO C99 code" which is much better for us.
A demonstrated working connection would be great.

@anyone, If Andrew can get a proof of concept working, what are the best frameworks for it to work with?

cheers -ben

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 12:25 AM, andrew glynn <[hidden email]> wrote:

It occurred to me that with the C++ support in Pharo 6 it might be relatively easy to use this driver https://github.com/vrogier/ocilib to connect to Oracle.  I will look into it over the weekend.

Andrew Glynn

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Pierce Ng-3
On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 12:48:56AM +0800, Ben Coman wrote:
> @anyone, If Andrew can get a proof of concept working, what are the best
> frameworks for it to work with?

Write the Oracle set-oriented driver according to UDBC convention. Then, write
a Glorp ORM driver based on it. The Pharo version of Glorp already has
OraclePlatform, which comes from the VW upstream and presumably works, so it
can be used as a reference. There's also Garage which also suppors Glorp. All
are available in the Catalogue Browser.

STH search shows a project named  Garage-Oracle by CraigAllen but 'the page
does not exist, sadly.'

Pierce

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

Stephane Ducasse-3
Supercool Norbert do you have screenshot for the Pharo success web page ?

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sorry I forgot to post this much earlier. Anyway….
>
> We are proud to add another success story to the pharo portfolio
>
> http://zweidenker.de/en/project/operationstermine-digitalisiert
>
> It is an operation planning tool for an eye surgery clinic. The core system
> is pharo4 and voyage (using mongo). The user interface is done with seaside.
> It interfaces with a legacy patient information system, microsoft exchange
> and other stuff in order to orchestrate the arrangement of surgery dates.
> The tool automates planning (which doctor works on which day and has still
> time to do the operation,….). Finalized plans are produced in PDF an printed
> by the staff.
>
> This as a short info. If you have question don't hesitate to ask.
>
> Implanting more pharo everywhere :)
>
> Norbert

Re: [ANN] success story: surgery appointments digitalised

andrewglynn

Thanks, it had occurred to me to take a look at the other drivers in Garage - been a bit busy though so might not get to it until tomorrow.

Andrew Glynn