[ANN] update to OCompletion

Romain Robbes
new in this update:

-OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem Hernan
encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you scroll
in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
-OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed nicer ;-)
-OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
actually typed.
-Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).

I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
        Romain

--
Romain Robbes
http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Romain Robbes
Of course, I forgot to remind you how to install it. Just execute the
following line in a workspace:

Installer squeaksource project: 'OCompletion'; install: 'OCLoader'.

Cheers,
        Romain

On May 28, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> new in this update:
>
> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem Hernan
> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you scroll
> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
> nicer ;-)
> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
> actually typed.
> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>
> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
> Romain
>
> --
> Romain Robbes
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Romain Robbes
http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Damien Cassou
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Romain Robbes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,

Thank you very much. It will be part of the next Pharo that will
arrive in a week.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Cameron Sanders-3
I'm loving OCompletion! Thanks.

That's my only feedback at this time.

Happy Coding,
Cam

On May 28, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> new in this update:
>
> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem Hernan
> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you scroll
> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
> nicer ;-)
> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
> actually typed.
> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>
> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
> Romain
>
> --
> Romain Robbes
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Alexandre Bergel
Thanks Romain.
I try to press the Esc key to remove the completion pane, and I
obtained a DNU: OBTextSelection>>isClassNode
Am I the only one?

Alexandre

On 28 May 2009, at 08:30, Romain Robbes wrote:

> new in this update:
>
> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem Hernan
> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you scroll
> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
> nicer ;-)
> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
> actually typed.
> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>
> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
> Romain
>
> --
> Romain Robbes
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Adrian Lienhard
no: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=849
Needs fixing in OB.

Adrian

On May 28, 2009, at 16:47 , Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Thanks Romain.
> I try to press the Esc key to remove the completion pane, and I
> obtained a DNU: OBTextSelection>>isClassNode
> Am I the only one?
>
> Alexandre
>
> On 28 May 2009, at 08:30, Romain Robbes wrote:
>
>> new in this update:
>>
>> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
>> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
>> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem
>> Hernan
>> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you
>> scroll
>> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
>> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
>> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
>> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
>> nicer ;-)
>> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
>> actually typed.
>> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>>
>> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
>> Romain
>>
>> --
>> Romain Robbes
>> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Romain
do you support instance variable completion? :)
Stef

On May 28, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Of course, I forgot to remind you how to install it. Just execute the
> following line in a workspace:
>
> Installer squeaksource project: 'OCompletion'; install: 'OCLoader'.
>
> Cheers,
> Romain
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:
>
>> new in this update:
>>
>> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with an
>> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
>> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem
>> Hernan
>> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you
>> scroll
>> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
>> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
>> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
>> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
>> nicer ;-)
>> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
>> actually typed.
>> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>>
>> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
>> Romain
>>
>> --
>> Romain Robbes
>> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

> Romain Robbes
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Romain Robbes
As much as ecompletion does, which is enough.
Try it out!

        Romain

On May 28, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Romain
> do you support instance variable completion? :)
> Stef
>

> On May 28, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:
>
>> Of course, I forgot to remind you how to install it. Just execute the
>> following line in a workspace:
>>
>> Installer squeaksource project: 'OCompletion'; install: 'OCLoader'.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Romain
>>
>> On May 28, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:
>>
>>> new in this update:
>>>
>>> -OCompletion completes also class names! If the prefix starts with
>>> an
>>> uppercase letter, OCompletion will propose recently changed classes.
>>> Since it maintains its small list of classes, the speed problem
>>> Hernan
>>> encountered is partially solved (it still slows downs while you
>>> scroll
>>> in the extended list). Also, Henrik's concern about case sensitivity
>>> is now solved for that case (I still think it should be case-
>>> insensitive after the first letter, but we can discuss this).
>>> -OCompletion uses the default font for menus, which is indeed
>>> nicer ;-)
>>> -OCompletion only proposes matches strictly longer than what was
>>> actually typed.
>>> -Various small bug fixes (thanks Simon!).
>>>
>>> I'm looking forward to your feedback as usual,
>>> Romain
>>>
>>> --
>>> Romain Robbes
>>> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

>> --
>> Romain Robbes
>> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Romain Robbes
http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: [ANN] update to OCompletion

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes but I work in the core image most of the time.... :)