API descriptions in form of an external package / Feature tests?

1 message Options

API descriptions in form of an external package / Feature tests?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Peter

I think your proposal to check the presence of an API is very interesting.

You suggest to have API descriptions in form of classes in an external
package which test the presence of an API.

Contrariwise to unit tests they only look for the presence of a
classes with certain methods.

It is an external tool (i.e. not included in the core) to check the
presence or absence of an API.

These tools can focus on a certain part of the system which is of a
particular interest for an external package and be kept with that
package.

--Hannes

On 7/19/15, Peter van Rooijen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just 2 cents from a Cuis noob:

A. Increase the number of improvements

> So, I am for adopting practices that increase the number of improvements.

B. Decrease the number of deterioations