ARM 7hf builds

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ARM 7hf builds

ken.dickey
 
Greetings,

opensmalltalk.org seems to be lacking in arm7 builds.

In particular, I would like to see:
 cog_linux32ARMv7_squeak.cog.spur_*.tar.gz

Any chance for this?

Thanks much,
-KenD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARM 7hf builds

fniephaus
 
Hi KenD,

The ARMv7 build target is not yet supported by OpenSmalltalk VM, and I unfortunately have no info on the progress. Maybe Eliot knows more...

Best,
Fabio
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 at 04:08, KenD <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

opensmalltalk.org seems to be lacking in arm7 builds.

In particular, I would like to see:
 cog_linux32ARMv7_squeak.cog.spur_*.tar.gz

Any chance for this?

Thanks much,
-KenD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARM 7hf builds

Eliot Miranda-2
 
Hi Ken, Hi Fabio,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
 
Hi KenD,

The ARMv7 build target is not yet supported by OpenSmalltalk VM, and I unfortunately have no info on the progress. Maybe Eliot knows more...

Are we building ARMv6 VMs on bintray? If so, we can probably build ARMv7 VMs too.  Who is in charge of the bin tray configurations?  What is the policy for folks to set up new ones?  Could Ken set up one himself?


Best,
Fabio
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 at 04:08, KenD <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

opensmalltalk.org seems to be lacking in arm7 builds.

In particular, I would like to see:
 cog_linux32ARMv7_squeak.cog.spur_*.tar.gz

Any chance for this?

Thanks much,
-KenD




--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARM 7hf builds

timrowledge

Is there any particular benefit you’re expecting to get from a v7 specialised vm? It doesn’t generally make a particularly noticeable difference in my experience. Now, an Arm64 vm would be altogether more interesting … send money...

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Compatible: Gracefully accepts erroneous data from any source.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARM 7hf builds

ken.dickey
 
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:25:15 -0700
tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  
> Is there any particular benefit you’re expecting to get from a v7 specialised vm? It doesn’t generally make a particularly noticeable difference in my experience.

Ah!

I had not expected a VM in a directory 'cogspurlinuxhtRPi' to work on something other than a RasPi/ARM6, so did not try it out.

Perhaps a different/more_general directory name?

Thanks much!
-KenD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARM 7hf builds

Bert Freudenberg
 
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:41 AM, KenD <[hidden email]> wrote:

I had not expected a VM in a directory 'cogspurlinuxhtRPi' to work on something other than a RasPi/ARM6, so did not try it out.

Perhaps a different/more_general directory name?

+1

- Bert -