classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ARM linux builds

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

I'd like to resolve this quickly but my favoured resolution will affect travis.  I want to rename build.linux32ARM to build.linux32ARMv6 and add build.linux32ARMv7.  s that ok with people?  Will the Travis maintainers be happy to build both?  We need READMEs that point out that the v6 builds are for Raspberry Pi and that v7 builds are for "everywhere else" (unless we can be more specific?).  Unless I hear a protest within the next two hours I will commit this change.  Is that OK?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ARM linux builds

timrowledge

> On 27-06-2016, at 9:31 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>     I'd like to resolve this quickly but my favoured resolution will affect travis.  I want to rename build.linux32ARM to build.linux32ARMv6 and add build.linux32ARMv7.  s that ok with people?  

It’s a perfectly reasonable thing to do - and we’ll need ARMv8 eventually of course - but it doesn’t have a lot to do with the original problem of why Dave couldn’t build a vm on his new Pi...

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: NNI: Neglect Next Instruction

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ARM linux builds

fniephaus

+1 for renaming ARM builds to linux32ARMv6, linux32ARMv7, linux32ARMv8...
--

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27-06-2016, at 9:31 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>     I'd like to resolve this quickly but my favoured resolution will affect travis.  I want to rename build.linux32ARM to build.linux32ARMv6 and add build.linux32ARMv7.  s that ok with people?

It’s a perfectly reasonable thing to do - and we’ll need ARMv8 eventually of course - but it doesn’t have a lot to do with the original problem of why Dave couldn’t build a vm on his new Pi...

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: NNI: Neglect Next Instruction