[ARTICLE] Quick write me a Redis client

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

I wrote another article in the 'Concerning Pharo' publication:

[TITLE] Quick write me a Redis client
[SUBTITLE] A beautiful protocol makes implementation easy
[URL] https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/quick-write-me-a-redis-client-5fbe4ddfb13d
[SOURCECODE] https://github.com/svenvc/SimpleRedisClient

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: [ARTICLE] Quick write me a Redis client

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Sven - another nice article.

2 small typos I spotted:

1) requests) from the client to the server are sent as a array of bulk strings

Should be

requests) from the client to the server are sent as an array of bulk strings

2) to interact with as much services and servers as possible

Is better as

to interact with as many services and servers as possible

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Jun 2017, at 13:31, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I wrote another article in the 'Concerning Pharo' publication:

[TITLE] Quick write me a Redis client
[SUBTITLE] A beautiful protocol makes implementation easy
[URL] https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/quick-write-me-a-redis-client-5fbe4ddfb13d
[SOURCECODE] https://github.com/svenvc/SimpleRedisClient

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo
http://pharo.org
http://association.pharo.org
http://consortium.pharo.org

Re: [ARTICLE] Quick write me a Redis client

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 15 Jun 2017, at 00:20, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven - another nice article.
>
> 2 small typos I spotted:

Fixed, thanks !

> 1) requests) from the client to the server are sent as a array of bulk strings
>
> Should be
>
> requests) from the client to the server are sent as an array of bulk strings
>
> 2) to interact with as much services and servers as possible
>
> Is better as
>
> to interact with as many services and servers as possible
>

> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 14 Jun 2017, at 13:31, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wrote another article in the 'Concerning Pharo' publication:
>>
>> [TITLE] Quick write me a Redis client
>> [SUBTITLE] A beautiful protocol makes implementation easy
>> [URL] https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/quick-write-me-a-redis-client-5fbe4ddfb13d
>> [SOURCECODE] https://github.com/svenvc/SimpleRedisClient
>>
>> Sven
>>

>> --
>> Sven Van Caekenberghe
>> Proudly supporting Pharo
>> http://pharo.org
>> http://association.pharo.org
>> http://consortium.pharo.org

Re: [ARTICLE] Quick write me a Redis client

Tudor Girba-2
Nice job, Sven!

Doru

--