AW: Pier customized look

Frank Urbach
Hi, Sebastián!

Try to get the original css-files. Move these files into a structure of an webserver where you can access over. http-protocoll. Alter in class PRPierLibary the accessor style to the location of yor css-files.Then you can edit the file style-contents at point .header .title. Now you can. use fonts you like.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Frank,

RE: Pier customized look

Sebastián Sastre
Dear Frank,

        thanks for your answer. As a http server is not available for me at
this time, I wonder if I can setup it to get the style from local .css
files. Do you know if this is feasible?

        thanks again,

Sebastian

RE: Pier customized look

Brian Chapados
Hi Sebastian,

I'm in the process of putting together a tutorial that covers this
information, along with some other aspects of customizing the appearance
of Pier using css.  I hope to have it completed soon.  Until it's
finished, here is some info that should help you:

* Configure Comanche to serve files

Rather than starting Comanche like this:

  WAEncodedKom startOn: 8080.

Go to
http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/GettingSoftware/index.html
and use David Shaffer's scripts to kill all existing server instances and
start a new instance that serves file from the 'FileRoot' folder. You can
rename 'FileRoot' to whatever you want.  Just make sure that the directory
you choose is in the same directory as your image file.

* Get default stylesheets

Download the default stylesheets from here:
http://impara.de/pipermail/smallwiki/attachments/20060219/5e4f4ed8/css-0001.zip

Create a 'styles' dir under 'FileRoot', and expand the zip file in the
styles dir.

* Use the new stylesheets

Change the style accessor method in PRStyleLibrary to return the path to
your main style sheet

style
    ^ '@import "/styles/style.css";'

Brian