AW: Re: working visual.app bundle for intel macs

AW: Re: working visual.app bundle for intel macs

jtuchel
Adrian

thanks for answering.
Where exactly did you copy the .app to? Did you simply replace the .app from the installation directory (that is, somewhere deep down /bin/preview...), or did you copy it to the location that Tudor mentioned.

Needless to mention that I am a mac newbie... ;-)

>>> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Research/Moose/download/vw/visual-mac-
>>> intel-741d.app.zip You can start it by dragging an image on it, or
>>> by associating it as an application to open the image with. The
>>> scripts inside also open X11 if it is not already open, so you do
>>> not have to start it upfront.
>>> To upgrade the vm inside, you need to replace Contents/Resources/
>>> visual.app with the new version provided.

Re: AW: Re: working visual.app bundle for intel macs

Karsten Kusche
hi,

the visual.app inside the resources folder is the actual visualworks vm.
the wrapper is an app to start visualworks through a script. i suggest
you have a look at console.app in your /applications/utilities folder to
see if there's some error output in the logs when you start the app.

good luck
Karsten

[hidden email] wrote:

> Adrian
>
> thanks for answering.
> Where exactly did you copy the .app to? Did you simply replace the .app from the installation directory (that is, somewhere deep down /bin/preview...), or did you copy it to the location that Tudor mentioned.
>
> Needless to mention that I am a mac newbie... ;-)
>

>> Works fine for me.
>>
>> I downloaded the zip, which resulted in one app file (not two).
>> Then I draged an .im on the app and it runs.
>>
>> -- Adrian
>>
>> On 22. Nov 2006, at 7:03 , Joachim Tuchel wrote:
>>

>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> has anyone gotten this to work?
>>> I seem not to understand exactly what to do. First, doing what
>>> Tudor describes produces a .app inside Contents/Resources/
>>> visual.app, so there is an .app in a .app. Is this intended?
>>> Even worse is that this doesn't work for me. The VW Icon bounces in
>>> the dock and disappears. X11 is not being started.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>>
>>> Joachim

Re: AW: Re: working visual.app bundle for intel macs

Adrian Kuhn-3
I copied it to /Applications.
Do not replace anything in the VW folder itself.

-- Adrian

On 22. Nov 2006, at 10:01 , [hidden email] wrote:

> Adrian
>
> thanks for answering.
> Where exactly did you copy the .app to? Did you simply replace
> the .app from the installation directory (that is, somewhere deep
> down /bin/preview...), or did you copy it to the location that
> Tudor mentioned.
>
> Needless to mention that I am a mac newbie... ;-)
>
>> Works fine for me.
>>
>> I downloaded the zip, which resulted in one app file (not two).
>> Then I draged an .im on the app and it runs.
>>
>> -- Adrian
>>
>> On 22. Nov 2006, at 7:03 , Joachim Tuchel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> has anyone gotten this to work?
>>> I seem not to understand exactly what to do. First, doing what
>>> Tudor describes produces a .app inside Contents/Resources/
>>> visual.app, so there is an .app in a .app. Is this intended?
>>> Even worse is that this doesn't work for me. The VW Icon bounces in
>>> the dock and disappears. X11 is not being started.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>>
>>> Joachim

Re: AW: Re: working visual.app bundle for intel macs

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

The reference to upgrading the VM inside is for the case when a
***new*** VM gets released by Cincom.

The link already contains the VM for 7.4.1d (which is the latest one
as far as I know), so you should not change anything. Just do what
Adrian says: copy the visual-mac-intel-741d.app somewhere and then
drag and drop the image on it.

Cheers,
Doru

--
Tudor Adrian Girba                      Software Composition Group
(www.iam.unibe.ch/~girba)        University of Bern, Switzerland

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."