AXControlSite/VC problem

Bill Schwab
Hi Blair,

I'm having problems saving views containing ActiveX control sites.  Please
accept my advance appology if I simply forgot an existing patch (this
problem seems very familar).

To reproduce it, go to AXControlBrowser, open the VC on the default view and
try to save it.  Mmy image does this:

4:17:25 PM, Tuesday, February 13, 2001: 'End of stream'
Signal>>signalWith:
IStream(ISequentialStream)>>errorEndOfStream
IStream(ISequentialStream)>>next:
IStream>>contents
AXControlSite>>controlBinaryStoreBytes
AXControlSite>>state
STBViewProxy>>for:
STBViewProxy class>>for:
AXControlSite(View)>>filerProxy
AXControlSite(View)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:
Array(Object)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:as:
LookupTable>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:
ProportionalLayout(Object)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:
Array(Object)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:as:
ContainerView(View)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:
BorderLayout(Object)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:
Array(Object)>>stbSaveOn:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>writeObject:as:withPrefix:
STBOutFiler>>saveObject:as:
[] in STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifPresent:
STBOutFiler>>basicNextPut:
STBOutFiler>>nextPut:
ViewResource class>>save:toFiler:
ResourceSTBByteArrayAccessor>>save:as:
ViewResource(Resource)>>save:
ResourceIdentifier>>save:
ViewComposer>>viewSave

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: AXControlSite/VC problem

Blair McGlashan
Bill

You<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:96c9rk$3ac$[hidden email]...

> I'm having problems saving views containing ActiveX control sites.  Please
> accept my advance appology if I simply forgot an existing patch (this
> problem seems very familar).
>
> To reproduce it, go to AXControlBrowser, open the VC on the default view
and
> try to save it.  Mmy image does this:
>
> 4:17:25 PM, Tuesday, February 13, 2001: 'End of stream'
> Signal>>signalWith:
> IStream(ISequentialStream)>>errorEndOfStream

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce that here, its possible that we have fixed
it but I don't see anything relevant listed in the release notes for 4.01.
Does it happen on all your machines? Is it specific to the Internet Explorer
control?

Regards

Blair

Re: AXControlSite/VC problem

Bill Schwab-2
Hi Blair,

> I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce that here, its possible that we have
fixed
> it

It's also possible that I broke it.

> but I don't see anything relevant listed in the release notes for 4.01.
> Does it happen on all your machines? Is it specific to the Internet
Explorer
> control?

I can't claim all machines yet, but, it happened on my well-behaved Win98
box at home, and in my office (somewhat wheather-beaten Win95).  Most
likely, it will keep happening on other machines too.

It also happened with the calendar control.  I'll poke at some others
shortly, but, it's starting to look like either something that I've busted
in my image or a fix that I've not applied.  My image isn't a standard 4.0
PL1 because of the external library fixes, and my structure array STB
conversion patch.  Either of those sound like a likely culprit?  Is anybody
else seeing (or not seeing) this?

Have a good one,

Bill

--