About Configuration

stephane ducasse
Alex

is it on purpose that the default mondrian configuration of load 17 and that in the metacelloRepository you have 5 or 6 more
recent ones?

It is important to consider that you should publish in Mondrian and copy in metacelloRepository.
MetacelloRepository can disappear tomorrow.

Re: About Configuration

Alexandre Bergel
I was unsure how to react with the MetacelloRepository. The idea of
Esteban is really appealing. Typing: "Goffer install: 'Mondrian'" is
really appealing. But I am not sure what is the energy involved in this.
I try to do my bit and committing ConfigurationOfMondrian in
MetacelloRepository. But apparently, I was a bit too optimistic (or
impatient :-) Duplicating ConfigurationOfMondrian is always an option,
but this is cumbersome.

I saw that Simon produced a new version of ConfigurationOfMondrian. It
is similar than mine.

So, from now, ConfigurationOfMondrian will be committed in the
Mondrian repository only.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 22 Apr 2010, at 05:36, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Alex
>
> is it on purpose that the default mondrian configuration of load 17
> and that in the metacelloRepository you have 5 or 6 more
> recent ones?
>
> It is important to consider that you should publish in Mondrian and
> copy in metacelloRepository.
> MetacelloRepository can disappear tomorrow.
>

> Stef

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: About Configuration

Stéphane Ducasse
**believe**
I know
and I want that because it is the only behavior that makes sense.

The policy is
        add a configuration to YOUR project
        copy stable version for 1. 1.1 pharo to the metacelloRepository

Stef

> I was unsure how to react with the MetacelloRepository. The idea of Esteban is really appealing. Typing: "Goffer install: 'Mondrian'" is really appealing. But I am not sure what is the energy involved in this.
> I try to do my bit and committing ConfigurationOfMondrian in MetacelloRepository. But apparently, I was a bit too optimistic (or impatient :-) Duplicating ConfigurationOfMondrian is always an option, but this is cumbersome.

No this is necessary since we want to have a self contained archive.